chapter eight

The room was dark as Sophia lifted her body up and away from Nate's

She brushed her fingers through her hair and checked her phone, no one had heard from her in hours.
Missed calls and texts from Fez, Rue, Maddy.

Sophia let out a breath and bit her lip.
There wasn't anyone outside now, just a mess, the backyard covered in plastic cups and rubbish.

She made her way down the stairs, the darkness still following around her. It was like it was suffocating her.
She made her way to the backyard and sighed.

"How did everything become so fucked?" She whispered to herself.
She curled her legs up against her chest and sat on the edge of the pool.

'Thin'
'Pretty'
'Perfect'

She felt she wasn't any of these.
Sophia wrapped her arms around her stomach as she let a sob escape her lips.
She wanted to get away from the darkness.

As she leant forward and dived into the water, she turned around and floated on her back.
Closing her eyes and letting the water relax her into a lighter feeling.

"Sophia." She heard Fezco's voice, "man what are you doin?" He asked, dipping his feet in the water.

"Everything was just so heavy." She said and swam to the edge of the pool.
His hand coming forward to brush the strands away from her damp face.
She held an expressionless look.

Fez was worried for her and she could see it in his eyes.
"You gonna be ok, just take yo time."

Sophia leant her head into his hand, closing her eyes as her chest fell and rose rapidly.
"Come on." He said, not caring if he got wet, his arms hooked under her legs and wrapped around her waist.
Holding her close, she lifted her head up.

"Why are you so nice to me?" She whispered to him.

"Cause I care for you man." He said, keeping his head up, carrying her to his car.

"I've ruined everything." She said to him, shivering when he put her into the passenger side.
"Thank you Fez." She whispered and leant her head back into the seat.

Fezco got into the driver seat and started the car up.
"Your gonna be ok man." He said as she closed her eyes to fall asleep again.

Fezco let out a sigh as she watched her fall asleep and started to drive to her house, he was nice to her, a lot of people were, that's what made it harder for people to understand why she wouldn't eat or let someone help her.