WHAT ARE GHOSTS?

Chapter One

Ghosts are spirits. What are those? Spirits & Ghosts are souls and, shocker— spirits of those people who have died.

Everything in nature has a soul. Dogs, cats, horses..people too. When we die—depending on what you believe in, our spirits stay alive & live on, while the body rots and decays in a grave.

The theory is, spirits - "Ghosts", stay around for a number of reasons.

•Traumatic/Unexpected Death
•Objects they are attached to
•Emotions
•Avoiding Eternal life/sentencing
•People

Let's go over every one of those.

Traumatic/Unexpected:
So, if someone were to die a traumatic or unexpected death, the spirit may not even know their death has happened. Paranormal investigators believe being dead / a spirit, feels like you, but being in a dream type state of mind. Where you bounce in & out, mentally. That, on top of a traumatic or unexpected death can be (I imagine) really upsetting and/or confusing.

Objects:
Yes, sometimes even in death you can still stay with your precious objects. For example, after the RMS Titanic disaster in 1912, certain bodies had wedding rings, jewelry and other items removed from the bodies. Those objects are now in museums or with relatives. Spirits may want to stay close and "protect" those items. Or, maybe they wonder why it's in someone else's possession. Both Titanic museums in Branson, MO., & in Pigeon Forge, TN., have reported activity of dead passengers from the tragedy.

Emotion:
Spirits are dead beings. Who once lived, cried, laughed just as you and I. Maybe their life ended too soon, due to illness or an accident. Maybe they are mad or sad about it. Wouldn't you be upset too?

Avoiding Eternal Life/Sentencing:
If you were an angry, unhappy person, you will still be you, but dead. Bad people go to hell. I'm sure nobody wants to go there! Maybe they're avoiding it.

People:
If you died, you'd want to make sure those closest to you will be okay after you're gone. "They'll never truly leave you", is not just some saying! Some spirits will stick around to check on you. This can come off with activity. But, those who are still alive usually get scared by that, even though no harm is intended.