Chapter Two - Human?

You awoke to an incredibly warm feeling, you shifted in your blankets and frowned when you couldn't quite move. You glanced down, seeing a mop of jet black hair spread out over your chest as the head laid on your tummy. Your breath caught in your throat and you debated what the best plan of action was in your head. 

You could shove the person off, scream as loud as you could, and try to chase them out.

You could sneak out from under them, and grab a weapon.

You could sneak out from under them and call the police.

Or, you could just tug on the bunny ears on the top of his head and hope that it hurts.

The realization of the animal features hits you just then, eyes widening at the black appendages, one of which was jut barely tickling your chin. You decided to slip out from under the man, making sure that your hunch was correct before acting on it. 

You searched around the bedroom, but there was no sign of the little black bunny that you'd taken in last night. The only bunny in your house was the hybrid sprawled out on your bed. 

You took a deep breath, lip catching between your teeth as you took in his disheveled appearance. His skin, hair, ears and tail were clean, but you supposed that was just from the bath that he'd received last night. His clothes, torn and grimy, clung to his skin, dirtying it again. The torn shirt exposed some of his back and you saw large welts and bruises painting the expanse of it. His pant legs had both been torn at different lengths, one leg at the thigh while the other was closer to the calf. Scratches, more bruises, and more welts ran up his legs, giving him the appearance of someone who'd just been beaten. You supposed he had.

You sat on the edge of the bed, tentatively taking your hand and carding it through his hair. The response was instantaneous, he wasn't all that deep of a sleeper apparently. His head nudged into your hand, a tiny whimper coming from his cracked, partially bloody lips. They looked split beyond belief, you'd have to help him with that.

He shifted towards you in his sleep, rolling over onto your hand so that he was as close as possible to the pets he was receiving. You stifled a laugh, using your other hand to scratch behind his ear. His cheek was resting in your palm that he laid on, so you could no longer pet him with that hand. You did all you could do, rubbing your thumb over his cheek. He showed no signs of waking though, and your hand was beginning to tingle from the loss of circulation that it was getting from being smushed under the bunny boy.

You tried a new approach.

"Bunny... Bunny? Come on bunny, let's wake up! Open your eyes love." You cooed at the hybrid, watching his eyes flutter open angelically. He blinked confusedly for a moment, probably taking in the almost unfamiliar surroundings. He caught a glimpse of one of his very human hands, one that had wrapped around your wrist to keep it in place while you were petting him. You saw his eyes widen in fear and grabbed his wrist to stop him from bolting when he shot upright in the bed. 

"Wait! Wait, wait, it's okay! I'm not upset, and I won't hurt you, I won't do anything bad to you. I promise. What's your name love?"

The hybrid shook his head, cries escaping his mouth as he tried prying his arm out of your hand. You wrapped your arm around his waist, standing and holding him tightly to you so that he couldn't leave.

"Please, please don't thrash around like that. It's not helping anything Bunny. I'm not gonna hurt you, I promise. I promise, shhh..." You made your voice as soft and sweet as you could and you felt tears welling up in your eyes. This poor boy had to have been through some pretty awful stuff. 

Little by little he calmed down in your arms, finally slumping in defeat and crying into his hands. You were back hugging him and you pressed your head into his back, running light stripes along his sides with your fingertips. Slowly, bit by bit you turned him around in your arms, letting his head rest on your shoulder as his tears flowed stronger than ever. You sat on the bed with him, curling your legs underneath you and rubbed your hands over his back, careful to put only a little pressure onto the injured skin.

"It's okay. I won't hurt you, you're safe here."

Your words slowly but surely calmed him down and he finally pulled back, nailing you with the best set of round, shining doe eyes that you'd ever seen. 

"You really won't hu-rt me?" His words were interrupted by a dry sob, lashes wet with tears brushing against his cheeks.

"I won't, I promise. Bunny, what's your name? Oh, um, mine is Y/N."

You dipped your head down to meet his eyes that were cast down at his fingers.

"Jungkook." Was the only word he uttered, pointing with a scraped finger to a thin metal band that was wrapped tightly around his neck, almost painfully so. You hadn't noticed that while he was in his bunny form. You looked at the words etched into the fabric, seeing that Jungkook was spelled out in gold lettering. 

"Okay Jungkook, tell you what. Let's go get something to eat, and then we'll work out what to do next. Does that sound good? You're probably so hungry."

As if in response to your words his stomach let out a small grumble, making a soft blush rise to his cheeks. You giggled, helping him shakily rise to his feet. He gripped onto your arm tightly as you walked down the hall, clinging to you.

"So Jungkook, what should we eat?"