Chapter Three - Breakfast

I'm thinking of starting a ship book, where you can request ships with literally any group, boy or girl, whoever, and I'll ship you with them! You can also request for more than one group, and I'll write a little set of headcanons specifically for you and your request about what it would be like to date them. Please give me feedback, I need to know if you're on board! <33

--

You lead Jungkook into your kitchen, pointing the bunny boy to a seat at your island. You pulled the chair out for him, nodding encouragingly when he hesitated in taking the seat. He watched as you pulled open the fridge with wide, curious eyes, face lighting up when he saw the lettuce and carrots still waiting from the night before.

"You want more of these Jungkook?" You held up the lettuce and carrots, smiling when he nodded vigorously. You passed him the fresh vegetables, putting some bacon and sausage on the stove for yourself. You made more than enough, that way, even if Jungkook didn't want any, you didn't have to make it again tomorrow. You grabbed your phone from it's charging spot on the counter, seeing several texts from Hoseok filling your screen.

Is the bunny okay?

Y/N?

Tell me about the bunnyyyyyyyy

Y/N!

I'm coming over.

That last one was sent nearly five minutes ago and you panicked, quickly texting him back.

Hoseok! I'm so sorry, my phone was on the counter all night. The bunny is, well, a bunny hybrid, his name is Jungkook, and I don't know how he'll react to new people. It took me almost twenty minutes to calm him down this morning, he transformed accidentally in his sleep and tried bolting after he realized. He's really skittish, please just be gentle with him if you really are coming.

"Hey Jungkook," You caught the boy's attention and leaned on the counter, facing him, "Do you remember the man last night, who gave you the lettuce and carrots? He tried to pet you, but you were too scared to let him and he let you be."

Jungkook nodded suspiciously, ears standing tall and alert on his head.

"Well, he's been asking how you were the entire night, I just didn't see his texts. Since I never answered, he decided to just come over. That was five minutes ago that he said he'd come over, but I don't know when he's coming. He doesn't live that far away, he lives in the apartment above the diner that he owns. Where I found you. Are you gonna be okay with meeting him just yet? He's really nice and I think that he's definitely the first person I'd introduce you too anyways."

Jungkook's face crumpled at the idea that someone new was coming into your house, into his new house, he really didn't like humans. You were the only one that hadn't mistreated him so far, how could he be sure that this Hoseok person would be any different from the mean humans he'd met before?

You cooed, slowly making your way around the counter to embrace him in a hug. He sniffled into your shoulder, burying his face into your neck and crying.

"D-Don't wan-na! Scary..." He whimpered, bringing his hands up to wipe the tears out of his eyes.

"Oh, love, you don't have to talk to him if you don't want to. You can just sit with me, that's okay. He'll understand. But he's really excited to meet you, I promise he would never hurt you. So how about that? You don't have to talk, we can just sit?"

"You're gonna stay with me the who-ole time?"

"Yes bunny, the whole time."

"O-okay."

You smiled, pressing a kiss to his forehead and smoothing down the hair between his bunny ears.

He leaned his head into your hands, letting out a nose akin to a purr as you transitioned to stroking his long black ears. You were extremely gentle, only light touches running down his ears.

The blissful moment was interrupted by the sound of the doorbell, making Jungkook jump a bit in his seat.

"Okay bunny, I'm gonna go get the door, why don't you go sit on the couch and when I get back I'll sit with you. Just in there." You pointed to the living room and he nodded, though you could tell he was nervous due to the way his hands fiddled with each other.

You ran to the door, pulling it open and smiling at Hoseok.

"Hey! Listen, he's really scared right now, I told him that I'd sit with him the entire time, and I said that he didn't have to talk if he didn't want to. Introduce yourself, be gentle, but don't take it personally if he doesn't talk to you. He's just too scared to trust you yet. He's on the couch, let me go first and sit with him, then you can come in. I wanna make sure he's comfortable."

Hoseok nodded eagerly, stepping inside and shutting the door behind him. He waited until you called him into the living room, slowly making his way towards the chair across from the couch. He sat down, smiling warmly at the bunny boy who's face was nestled into your neck, eyes glancing worriedly at the man. Hoseok ran a hand through his hair, quietly introducing himself.

"Hello Jungkook. I'm Hoseok, I'm Y/N's friend. We work together, at that little diner where she found you. I hope you're happy here, Y/N is gonna take really good care of you. You don't have to talk to me if you're not comfortable with that, but I just want you to know that I won't hurt you, I want to make sure that you're happy and comfortable just like Y/N does."

Jungkook sniffled and turned his head to fully look at Hoseok. You smiled, glancing back at Hoseok to see him beaming.

"Hoseok, there's lettuce and carrots on the counter in the kitchen, would you go grab some? Jungkook didn't have much for breakfast."

Hoseok nodded, jumping up and grabbing the vegetables. He slowly handed them to Jungkook, grinning wide when the bunny took them with a shaky hand. You heard a tiny, almost inaudible, 'thank you,' biting your cheek to stop from squealing. Hoseok tentatively sat down on the couch, giving you a blinding smile when Jungkook didn't shy away. You reached a hand up to stroke one of Jungkook's ears, pressing a little kiss to the side of his head while he tore off pieces of lettuce, chewing in circular motions with his little bunny teeth. You and Hoseok shared a look between the two of you, and even though no words were spoken, you knew that you both loves Jungkook with your whole hearts.