Chapter Three

"Where do you want me to put this?"

Your eyes snapped up at the sound of Jungkook's voice, a smile forming on your face as you watched him eye the lamp that he was currently holding.

After moving past your awkward first meeting, you and the two room mates had hit it off right away.

They told you that their other room mate-Kim Seokjin- was currently in town shopping for groceries and that he would be back soon.

All of you sat around and talked for a few hours, each of you getting to know one another. You had come to learn that Jungkook was a college drop out and that he was working as the caretaker of the house for Mrs. Kim, who, in return, shaved off his part of the rent.

Hoseok worked in the town as a mechanic, fixing up cars and building motors..stuff like that.

From what you had gathered, you could tell that Jungkook was definitely a flirt and a playboy, he hit on you countless times and each time, Hoseok would shut him down by either jabbing him in the ribs or slapping him upside his head.

But you didn't mind his behavior. It may sound terrible, but it felt good to have someone's attention on you. You knew that the flirting was harmless and wouldn't lead to anything, so you didn't mind when he sent you a suggestive wink or entered a dirty joke into the conversation.

Hoseok was a bit more reserved though, and managed to keep the younger boy in line. He had told you that he had also come from California and when you asked why he moved, he told you that he and his parents didn't get along very well.

You felt stupid after that.

However, he reassured you that you weren't crossing any lines and he was completely fine with you asking him questions.

The two young men put you at ease and made the thought of living here a little more bearable. You honestly didn't think that you would be able to enjoy moving here, but the three of you were fast friends, and from what they told you about Seokjin, the two of you would get along as well.

After a few hours, you reluctantly said that you needed to get going, telling them about the numerous boxes you still had to unpack.

To your surprise they actually asked to help you, and you quickly turned the down, not wanting to put them out.

However, they insisted.

You pointed over to one of the corners of the room.

"You can put it right there." You said softly, glancing at your boyfriend, who was still hard at work in the kitchen, not paying you any attention.

You bit your lip.

You had wanted to introduce Hoseok and Jungkook to him, but knowing him, he would just brush them off and you didn't want them to perceive him as rude...even though, in all reality, he was.

You missed the days when you didn't have to be afraid of talking to him. You missed not having to worry about when he would snap or scream at your face...being with him was exhausting.

And you were beginning to grow tired.

Hoseok took notice of your longing gaze, his expression turning sympathetic.

Although, you had never mentioned having any problems with your boyfriend- he believed his name was Jimin- he could tell that you and he weren't on the best of terms...

After all, what kind of boyfriend doesn't ask questions when his girlfriend brings in two, good-looking, male strangers?

"Jungkook," Hoseok whispered out his room mate's name, grasping his attention.