Chapter Twenty-Seven

Warning:

This chapter is pretty intense and hold some scenes that some may find uncomfortable to read. Please don't proceed if you aren't comfortable with depictions of violence and mentions of rape. You've been warned.

You should have known that he would pull something like this.

He was always using backhanded ways to force you into a corner and make you lose to him.

You hated him before...but every single part of you was now radiating with nothing but pure hatred for that beast as your eyes took in the familiar sight in front of you...

He wasn't going to make it easy...of course he wouldn't. Why would he? So much was on the line for him....if you left, this world would be destroyed...taking him with it.

You felt no pity for him. You were going to get out of this place even if it meant having to relive one of the most traumatic moments of your life.

You observed from a distance as a younger version of yourself laughed at something the pizza delivery man had said....

Taehyung's-- The real Taehyung's-- smile only widened as you giggled at his childish antics, his finger moving up and lifting the tip of his red baseball cap as he observed your features even closer, body leaning towards you.

"You're a cutie." He smiled out, chestnut hair falling over his face. "I don't usually get many cute ones."

Your younger self raised a brow at his words, hands clutching a twenty-dollar bill closely to your chest.

"I have a boyfriend." You deadpanned.

Your words only momentarily halted him, another smile pulling on his features as he scratched the back of his head.

"Ah." He said quietly, a blush glowing on his cheeks. "I guess I should have guessed that."

You shook your head, waving your hand as you chuckled lightly.

"Don't worry about it." You laughed. "You couldn't have known."

Taehyung smiled.

"You know.." He started, hand running up your arm. "He doesn't have to know if you don't want him to."

You raised a brow, amusement instantly falling from your features as you eyed him.

Your hand grabbed his, pushing it off of you.

"No, thank you." You deadpanned. "I'm okay with just the pizza."

He shrugged his shoulders, lips pursing playfully as he extended the pizza towards you.

"Suit yourself, babe."

Resisting the urge to roll your eyes, you accepted the box, hands brushing against his as he took the money from your hand.

Your skin brushed against his momentarily, causing his face to light up with a smile.

"You wanna hold my hand that badl-"

You tilted your head as his eyes grew wide, words cutting themselves off as his entire body froze, playful exterior quickly transforming into a morbid look of agony.

He coughed breathlessly, blood pouring from his mouth as he began to sink to his knees.

Your past self could only watch in horror as the blood stain on his shirt began to grow by the second, his entire being shaking as he fell limp onto the ground, no sound of breath coming from him.