04

"We need to find a new strategy.." Carlisle made out Elijah's voice as he neared closer to the room he assumed inhabited the vampire, Klaus, Hayley, and a female whose identity was unknown to him.
"Freya, if you please."

"This spell you described. Dahlia calls it "kenning". Using proxies to watch her enemies from afar. But I've never seen it done on quite this scale." The unknown voice spoke up.

"Awesome." Hayley spoke up. Carlisle's thoughts exactly. This 'Dahlia' character sounds like someone he wouldn't want to mess with.
"So every hurricane-chugging, boob-flashing tourist on Bourbon street is a potential spy."

"The good ne-" Freya was cut off by a familiar voice.

"Come in here, Carlisle." It was an order that left no room for argument. Not that the witch would argue with Klaus. He didn't have a death wish no matter how much he joked about it.

The witch shuffled into the room as all eyes were on him. He made eye contact with the unknown woman in the room before Klaus gestured to the chair across from Hayley. The witch would have preferred to stand like the everyone else (excluding Hayley and Rebekah, the latter sitting two seats down from Carlisle) but the original hybrid's gesture seemed more like an order rather than a suggestion.

"As I was saying, I know a little bit about how her magic works. This tonic will at least prevent her from using any of us." Freya placed a tray which held four tea cups. Carlisle peered at the tray for a moment before reverting his gaze to his lap.

"Oh, come on. Should work like a charm." Rebekah spoke up as Elijah sat beside Hayley, the unknown woman sitting at Carlisle's left, and Klaus standing behind a chair at the head of the table which was unfortunately to the witch's right.

"Bottom's up." Rebekah held out her cup while the others began to drink their own. Elijah held out a cup and saucer to the still standing Klaus.

"Niklaus, is there something you wish to contribute?" Elijah sighed.

Carlisle's soulmate took a few leisurely steps towards the vampire.

"I prefer biscuits with my tea."

"Of course." Elijah rolled his eyes as he lowered his hand down, instead offering the tea to Carlisle who gratefully took the cup. His mind was something he preferred to control.

"Besides, our minds are far too strong to be invaded by kenning spells. Now what we experienced is a test. Dahlia's watching to see how we respond to aggression. She's preparing for battle. My guess is sooner rather than later." Klaus provided with narrowed eyes.

Carlisle tried to follow along with everyone though found his mind lagging behind. He knew virtually nothing of the predicament the family was in and found himself still rather tired though he had slept in fairly late that morning.

He did gather that Freya had a plan to use Jackson who he had been acquainted with that morning just before he, Hayley, and Hope had set out on a walk where he was then "possessed". Carlisle more or less agreed with Freya's strategy who he had gathered to be a witch.

"Good, then it's settled. Off you pop to your respective tasks. Me, I've always been of the opinion that the best defense is a good offense." Klaus spoke up.

"So I'm going to find a way to murder that godforsaken witch." The hybrid finished while Carlisle slightly grimaced.

-

"A witch, huh? So who's he to you?" Marcel asked Elijah as narrowed his eyes at Carlisle. The trio was waiting for Josephine LaRue to show up at Elijah's chosen 'sanctuary' while Klaus was off doing god knows what.