07

A crash sounded from the newfound sanctuary Hayley and the others took refuge at.

A muffled "Klaus!" was heard from below the room Carlisle decidedly holed himself up in. He was practicing his levitation spells, finding he had nothing else to do.

He immediately sat up, old papers drifting to the floor around him as he opened the door and raced down the hallway.

"Klaus!" He heard again as he took the stairs two at a time. He recognized the voice as Jackson's.

"Oh my god." Hayley muttered as Carlisle noticed her cross the threshold into the other room. Klaus eyed Carlisle for a moment before moving to follow suit. Carlisle narrowed his eyes as he tried to catch up.

"What happened?" Hayley questioned, moving to the table in the middle of the room. There lay Aiden, dead.

"Klaus made Aiden spy on us." Jackson began, walking a half circle around the table to meet Hayley. "Instead he told me everything. So you killed him." He bit out, glaring at Klaus from across the room.

Carlisle's steps faltered as he caught up to stand beside Klaus, eyeing the body. He blinked quickly, placing the back of his hand over his mouth as he neared a gag.

"You killed him." Hayley turned to stare at the original hybrid. "One of the wolves sworn to protect our daughter."

There was a moment of silence as Klaus stared between the people in the room.

"So what if I did?" He spoke up.

Hayley raised her eyebrows, looking to Elijah.

"Jesus," Carlisle muttered. He couldn't believe it. In fact, he had an incredibly hard time doing so. It was as if everything in his body was telling him that what Klaus admitted wasn't true. Odd.

"This is what happens to anyone who dares cross me." Klaus began one of his many speeches.

"Just give us the word, Jackson." A wolf muttered from beside the man.

"Yes," Klaus shouted at him. "Come and have a go. But you'll be putting your life on the line for one who is all too willing to betray you." The hybrid moved to look down at the body.

"Perhaps this never would've happened if he'd had a real Alpha." Klaus muttered.

Jackson lunged at the man, grabbing at his shoulders and shoving harshly. Klaus pushed him off with ease, causing the werewolf to go flying into his followers. Hayley immediately moved to protect her husband, moving to push at Klaus, to which she was immediately thrown to the ground.

"Goddamnit! Elijah, do something!" Carlisle shouted, stepping toward the fight.

Elijah faltered before swiftly moved toward the group, placing a hand on Klaus' chest. The other was placed at Jackson's throat.

"Do you wish to die?" He murmured quietly, staring at the werewolf.

Hayley moved to hit Elijah in the face, causing him go stumble back a few feet.

"You wanna kill me too, Elijah?"

Elijah breathed heavily, staring at her for a moment in thought before moving to stand beside Klaus.

"If you come at him... you come at me."

Klaus smiled at that. "You lot should make better use of your time. I suggest burying your dead."

"Get out!" Hayley shouted, voice wavering.

"Niklaus, You mentioned a plan." Elijah interjected hurriedly, looking at Klaus. "I recommend you begin. Hayley and Hope are sore for the time being. They're not going anywhere."