Chapter 4: For the First Time

Steven turns the knob of the sink and washes his used utensils. He keeps the untouched leftover he made for the girl for breakfast inside his fridge, thinking he might reheat it later for dinner. He brushes his teeth and takes a bath. After taking a bath, he prepares his materials for school. As he leaves his unit while he turns his doorknob, he glances at his neighbor's unit, hesitating whether he should knock and greet her, or leave her be. He thought, 'Why should I even bother? She might be a burden again.". He sighs deeply and heads towards the staircase.

The discussion ended by noon and Steven decides to head to a cafe where he can research online for educational purposes. It was a short 900 meter walk from his campus when he reached the cafe. It was 2-floored building in the exterior, but inside isn't rowdy and has less than 10 people inside. He decides to sit in Classic Cafe two-toned Dining chair with round glass coffee table near the entrance door. He puts on his earphones into his ear and listens to classical piano pieces. Upon researching physics, he unnecessarily types on his phone the sentence: 'the person suddenly disappears in my room'. He was expecting something rational as he searches in the web, but unfortunately, the sites that pop-ups in his screen were about third-party, one night stand, and '5 Reasons why your girlfriend doesn't love you anymore'. He deletes his search bar, as well as his history, and sighs because of the pop ups. 'This is why I hate the internet', he thought.

When the sky starts to darken, he decides to head back to his apartment. Along the way while walking in the sidewalk, he passes by a garden full of flowers on the right side of the road. In the corner of his eyes, he notices someone picking flowers from left to right. He turns his head and found the same mysterious girl who barged in inside his unit, admiring the flowers in the garden. With her rosy cheeks shining in the moon light,  her dazzling eyes as it meets his, and her playful movements that made Steven smile stupidly in the seams. In that moment, Steven, without realizing it, fell for the first time to a stranger whose name he doesn't know of but still makes his heart race. 'What's this feeling called? Was it... irritation?', he asked himself.