Connections

The girl seemed to be fine other than the hole in her side. I felt bad that the unprofessional ninja dragged her into this. It wasn't fair to her. She never asked to be a part of this, and now she is suffering on the ground because of me. I took out my phone and called Will. He responded quickly and said he was on his way. I was knelt down beside her when the paramedics arrived. "Wait. I'm going too," I said as they tried to close the door on me. "Only immediate family," the paramedic replied. "I'm her brother," I said. I felt guilty for lying as they pulled me in.

It was even more awkward because I didn't leave the room as they changed her into the typical gown and put an IV in her arm. After the nurses left, I sat in the room just looking at her. This unconscious girl was now lying in this hospital bed because of me. She was a pretty cute girl in all honesty. She was in my grade. I have multiple classes with her. Her average is high in every class. I felt bad that her world was about to change so suddenly.

One of the doctors walked in. I noticed that she was starting to awaken. "Our files say that she doesn't have a brother. I'm gonna have to ask you to leave," he said. Her eyes were now open. "That's because he's my boyfriend," she sprung up quickly and declared. The doctor just sighed and left the room. "Boyfriend?" I asked. "Sorry. I was trying to think of something quickly. I didn't know I had a brother," she chuckled. Even now, she seemed calm and at ease. Maybe she forgot?

"Who was that girl from earlier, and why did she stab me?" She said while checking her bandages. "I'm sorry that you were dragged into this. She is an assassin out to kill me. I'm a ninja. You must tell no one about this," I replied in a low monotone voice. She didn't seek shocked at all. She just nodded her head. "By the way," she said slyly, "were you here when they changed me?" I blushed hard at this and looked down. "I uh...." "YOU PERVERT!!!" she screamed out. The doctor stuck his head in. "We're rehearsing lines for a play," I said. He nodded and exited.

After talking for awhile, I learned that her name was Charm, but everyone called her Charmy. I also learned about her abusive family. I helped her walk out of the hospital. Her mother said that she couldn't afford the bill, so they shouldn't keep her. Luckily, I had cash on me, and I paid it. She agreed to come to my place, so I could treat her wounds a little better than the doctors did. While I applied the medication, she played with Kraken. I glanced at my clock. It was 3:15 pm. She was asleep and snuggling with Kraken. I wouldn't dare wake her.

I was beginning to make dinner when I heard a scream from my couch. I grabbed my kitana and rushed in. "What is it?!?!" I shouted. "It's 4:27 pm. My mom is gonna kill me," she said. "I'll walk you home and tell her that you were jumped outside the school," I said. "That's very kind of you, but I think it's better that you don't," she replied. I caught a certain hint of sadness on her. I wish that I could get her out of there. She kissed my cheek and hugged Kraken. "See ya, sexy. And, I'll see you at school James," She teased. Kraken just let out a low meow and went back to sleep. I blushed as she walked out the door.

DING DONG!!! "Who is it?" I called out. "It's Will," the voice followed. "How'd you find me?" I asked. "Charmy told me. We're nextdoor neighbors," he said with a smile. "Can I help you?" I asked sternly. "That's an awful way to treat your guest," he commented as he brushed past me. "You were supposed to train me," he said.

I taught him the basics of a kunai. "It's all in the flick of your wrist," I said as I threw one. It hit bullseye. He tried the same, but hit just below the board. "Use more force," I said attempting to help. He threw it with all his might, and I watched as my potted plant was destroyed. We both chuckled at this. I handed him a broom and dustpan. "A ninja must take responsibility for his actions," I said jokingly. "Why don't you go thank Charmy for that kiss on the cheek," he scoffed. "How did you find-" I paused when he pointed at my cheek. When I checked the mirror, there was a red lipstick stain on it.