Faendal x Reader

I walked around Riverwood, looking around the little town. I saw a mill, a dog, a Wood Elf, and a Nord and Imperial. I was new to Riverwood, at the moment. I've just moved there a day ago, and I don't know much about the place, nor the jobs or people. I walked to my house, a simple wooden structure near the back of the town, next to the Wood Elf's home, if I recall correctly. I sat down on the stairs leading to my door. I looked up at the scarlet sky above me, seeing the birds fly freely. I let out a soft sigh, folding my hands together in boredom.

"Excuse me? Miss?" I looked down from the sky to the male in front of me. He was my neighbor. The Wood Elf.

"Oh, sorry. I guess I zoned out. What did you need?" I asked. He smiled.

"Oh, no worries. My name is Faendal. I think you're new around here?" I nodded my head, confirming.

"I'm Y/n. I just moved here a day ago. I...heh, I hate to admit it, but I don't know anything about this place." I felt myself blush in embarrassment. Faendal chuckled at this.

"Hey, no worries. Everyone was new here once, too. If you want, I could show you around tomorrow?" I smiled.

"Yeah, that'd be lovely! Thank you." I got up and waved a goodbye to Faendal. Faendal waved also, and we both headed to our houses for the night.

~

In the morning, I was woken up by someone knocking on my front door. I groaned and fell out of bed. I rubbed my eyes, stretched, and then went to my door. I opened it and saw Faendal.

"Oh- right! Ugh, I'm such an idiot. I forgot you were going to show me around. Give me one second to change, okay?" I said, face palming. Faendal chuckled and nodded. He waited for a good fifteen minutes, questioning if I just ditched him. I finally opened the door, seeing Faendal smile at my presence.

"Finally. How long does it take a girl to get ready? Goodness." I playfully punched his arm, chuckling. We walked from my house to the beginning of the town.

"So, we have the mill, which is where I work. I gather lumber and place them there, next to the blacksmith area. Which, by the way, you can buy armor, weapons, utilities, you name it." I nodded and followed him to the middle of town.

"And here, we have the trader, which is also where the sweetest girl lives. Camilla. Too bad that idiot, Sven, got her first." He sighed sadly. I patted his back and he smiled sweetly at me.

"What's over there?" I asked. "Oh! That's the inn, where Sven works as a bard. Trust me, he sucks, but the inn's service is great." I nodded and suddenly had a dog run up to me and tackle me down. He started to lick my face, barking happily. I laughed and tried getting the dog off of me. I wiped the slobber off my face and perked my head up when I heard a kid.

"Stump! Bad boy! You know you shouldn't attack strangers. Especially wasting your energy and strength on this weakling." I glared.

"Excuse me? Who are you?" I asked, raising a brow.

"Frodnar. Stump's my dog, whom shouldn't even have attacked you." I suddenly burst out laughing, making Faendal lean down to my level.

"Frodnar, Stump wasn't attacking me. He was licking my face like a good dog." Frodnar stared at me, then crossed his arms and huffed.

"Whatever, stranger. Come on, Stump. Let's not waste another second with her." Stump got up from on top of me and walked off with his owner. Faendal stood up and held out his hand. I took it and shivered in disgust when I realized there was a lot more drool on me than I thought. Faendal smiled and made me look at him. He got out a handkerchief and wiped the drool off of me.