Chapter 7

Sorry I'm lame for not updating. I was kinda stuck but I'm working on it

From: Der
How'd your test go??

To: Der
Good I guess

From:Der
What do you mean?

To: Der
it went fine idk

From: Der
Are you okay?

To: Der
Lol no

To: Der
I'm at the pier.

To: Der
And no I'm not jumping don't be psycho.

From: Der
I'll be there in a few

Derek pulled on his jacket and headed downstairs. Laura was just getting home when he made it to the door.

"Thank you." He said grabbing the keys to the Camaro from her hand.

"Um excuse me?"

"It's important." Derek said with a cheesy smile.

"You didn't even ask you egg."

"Please?"

Laura rolled her eyes and waved her hand, telling him to go. He did a little victory cheer in his head before leaving the Hale residence.

"Hey." He called when he found the younger.

Stiles was laying on the pier. Cigarette burning between his fingers. "You didn't have to come."

"You smoke?"

"Sometimes. When I'm sad."

"You wanna talk about it?" The wolf asked laying next to him. Ignoring the smell of whiskey floating off the other.

Stiles sat quietly for a bit. "I got an A."

"Good job. I knew you would."

Stiles took another puff of the cigarette before flicking it off into the water. "Not everyone thinks that."

Derek sat quietly waiting for him to continue.

"You know you fucking jocks suck, right?" He laughed harshly. "Just once I wish it didn't matter what I did. I just wish they'd leave me alone."

"Stiles..." Derek tried, sadness lacking into his words.

"No, you don't get to make me feel better. You just came here to make sure I'm not trying to kill myself."

"That's not true." Derek sat up. "I came because you said you weren't okay. I wanted to make you feel better."

Stiles sat quietly for a moment, grabbing onto Derek's hand and playing with his fingers. "I wish you were still in high school. Maybe then they'd leave me alone."

Derek sighed, his other hand coming to rest on Stiles' thigh. "One of them saw my test. They made fun of me...why do you get picked on for having good grades? Like...why is that 'bad'?"

"A-and then I go home and it's not even any better. My dad tells me it's not enough. I need straight A's because I need a full ride for college. Why can't he just tell me I did good?"

"I'm sorry, Stiles." Derek sighed, linking their fingers together as Stiles sat up.

"And then there's just me. Who never thinks I'm good enough. Who doesn't even understand what's going on inside his own fucking head." He sighed, "I try talking to Scott but he's no help he just said 'what about Emma?' But she's not here anymore and she doesn't even matter. She fucking left me too!"