Chapter 8

Sorry this took a century and a half but it's fluffy and cute so...

Derek climbed through Stiles' window Wednesday night seeing something he never expected. Stiles was sitting cross legged, hands on his knees, eyes closed, seeming to be lost in thought. He was also floating about a foot off the ground.

Derek cleared his throat making his presence known to the other, causing the younger male to fumble and almost fall straight back to the floor.

"Hey." Stiles smiled, standing up.

"What're you doing?"

"Meditating." Stiles said, "Deaton said it'd probably help. I don't know why the floating started."

Derek nodded, "I uh, I have a question."

"Okay." Stiles flopped onto his bed.

The wolf rubbed his hand on the back of his neck, "I have a game on Friday...I was wondering if you wanted to go."

"I'd love to go, Der."

Derek smiled, "O-okay, cool. My mom and sisters are going so if you don't want to drive you can go with them. I'll be stuck on campus all day so I won't be able to take you."

"Okay." Stiles pulled Derek closer to him, "I have one condition though."

"Which is?"

"Do you have an extra jersey?"

"Yes? In my car."

Stiles smiled, "I want to wear it at the game."

"I'd like that."

"You wanna stay for dinner?" Stiles asked, biting his lip.

"Do you want me to?"

"Well, yeah. Kinda."

"Okay."

The week passed slowly, anticipation growing with each passing day. Stiles was happy Derek wanted him to go to the game. He didn't know if this was a way for Derek to show that he wanted more too but Stiles was hopeful that it was.

Derek left his extra jersey with Stiles the night he stayed for dinner before going back to campus. Stiles would be lying if he said he hadn't already worn it a couple times just because it belonged to the wolf.

He'd never been to a basketball game before and didn't know what to expect when he got to the gym. He walked in seeing both teams warming up, a few people starting to file into the stands, cheerleaders, mascots, he could barely take it all in before he noticed Derek walking toward him.

"You came." He smiled.

"Well, Yeah." Stiles laughed, "you asked me too, remember?"

Derek nodded, his hand reaching out to grab onto the younger's, "you look good in that."

"Thanks." Stiles looked down, his face heating up.

"You could've brought Scott or someone with you if you wanted..."

Stiles shrugged, "figured I would just find your mom."

"She should be here any minute." They stood in silence for a moment, the sounds around them drowning out, "oh!" Derek pulled away to run over to where his duffel bag was thrown by the bleachers. He ran back handing some cash to Stiles.

"What's this for?"

"In case you get hungry or want anything."

Stiles smiled, "I can pay for my own food."