Chapter 15

Chapter Fifteen

The flight back wasn't as awkward as I feared considering my seat was pretty far from any of the Grayson family members. Thank God for that.

On the other hand, the next morning I woke up absolutely dreading the day ahead. At the thought of seeing Luke, my stomach created a little private party with all the other organs in my body and they must've gotten high or something because I could feel all of them junping and spinning all over the place.

What the hell? I was imagining an organ party and them taking drugs, obviously my mind was playing up aswell.

Nevertheless,  I had to get out of bed and carry on with my day. I slipped on a grey tank top with 'ITS NOT JUST A BAND' printed across the front.  After jumping into a pair of black high waisted ripped shorts and a pair of my favorite black booties that had a cut out heel and a buckle at the ankle, I made my way downstairs.

"Here's your breakfast sweetheart." My mum placed a plate of pancakes infront of me.

"I feel too sick to eat anything." I told her.

My mum suddenly panicked. "Are you okay?" 

I nodded. "Just stomach playing up."

"Chloe honey, does it have anything to do with Luke?" 

My eyes widened at the question. "No why would it?"

"Did anything happen between you two yesterday?" She knew. No. No she didn't. She had no way of knowing. 

"No. Why would you think that?"

She shrugged. "Well you spent a whole day with him yesterday but you stayed silent for the whole flight home and when we were saying our byes to his parents you didn't even look up at him."

"Mum, I was just tired. This has nothing to do with Luke. I told you, its never going to happen." I reminded her.

She smiled to herself. "Oh honey you're so blind."

I opened my mouth ready to ask her what she meant, but I shut it, deciding that maybe knowing wasn't the right choice right now. I didn't need my mind being anymore confused than it already was. "Im not even going to ask, plus I dont have time. I'm gonna be late. See you later mum." I kissed her on the cheek before rushing out.

Walking through the carpark towards the school, I was cautious that I was going to run into Luke. The thought scared me.  I hadn't even seen him and I was already panicking.  I was scared that things would be awkward. I mean, Luke and I were nowhere near the closest of friends but I didn't want to lose what we were.

I jumped at the sound of soneone calling my name. I twisted around to be met by my two best friends.  "Hey guys!" I grinned through the pain my stomach was bringing me.

"Somethings wrong." Ellie eyed me.

"No. Why would you think that?"

"Because we're your best friends.  We can tell things like that." Hannah told me.

"Im fine guys." I lied.

Hannah crossed her arms over her chest. "What has Loverboy done?"

I rolled my eyes. "Nothing. Really guys." I turned to Hamnah. "How's your man? Have you ended it?"

Hannah nodded. "I have indeed.  I am now single, free as a bird." She grinned. 

"Is it me, or does she seem really happy about that?" Ellie asked me. I nodded in reply.