F I F T H T E E N

Daisy's POV

"Finn?" After fifteen minutes I force my voice out.

"Hmm?" He grunts marching ahead of me liking to believe he's leading me. We left school awhile ago, but instead of going in the direction of Elijah's and my house, we head straight for the woods behind the school.

"Don't," Shaking my head, I try to bury my heels into the grass but Finn keeps dragging me behind him. I don't want to go in there.

"No, Finn." I try to come to a complete halt, but it doesn't even slow him down. With his werewolf strength, I'm basically a yorky on a leash to Finn.

"Yes Finn!" He plows on ahead.

There's no point in putting up a fight. I'm not going anywhere till Finn decides to let me go. I wouldn't get too far either, Finn on four legs is faster than a car.

The woods crumble around him as he hauls through. He's on a war path. Nothing in his way delays him, while I have to be watch my every step. I twist and turn around jagged ended branches, and try not to trip over windy tree roots. It's worse than a obstacle course.

"God, you're loud as a horse." Elijah groans. "It's not much further ahead." I recognize the clearing we hike too. It's the one where Elijah and Finn first showed me what they really are. It's the one not far from my house, just a wide circle nestled in by trees. The fallen trees are exactly where Elijah and Finn pushed them over, the tops brown and withering with the roots curling up. The trunk is still intact, besides some bark broken off in werewolf size chunks.

"Wait there." Elijah practically hurls me over the trunk like I'm a frisbee.

"Easy." Is all I say, trying to to land safely.

"I'm texting Elijah that I'm gonna eat you." Finn can't help the shit eating grin on his face. "He'll be here before you can finish saying Geronimo."

Finn's right. The wait is a mere few minutes before Elijah breaks through the tree line. It was too fast to be normal. He shrugs on his jacket one arm at a time with his beanie clenched between his teeth, and the laces of his shoes untied. It's a giveaway that he dropped whatever he was doing, changed and ran all the way here.

"Since when are you two best friends?" Elijah questions, the frown on his face looking out of place on his face. Finn and I exchange a glance, both of us grimacing.

"Daisy has a few questions." My list wavers in the wind, Finn's hand the only thing anchoring it from flying away.

"She does?" Elijah straightens up, refastening his belt as he shuffles in his vans.

"She does." Finn nods with a lazy smirk. Glancing between us, Elijah tries to guess what I could possibly have to ask.

"Then let Daisy ask them." He tells Finn, nudging his chin towards me. With a flick Finn hands me  my list, telling me not to hold back and for my worst.

"First question?" Finn stretches his arms over his head, cracking his knuckles for good measure. Elijah hangs back, his face hesitant but leans against a tree as if to get comfortable. Whenever the three of us are together it's always very uncomfortable.

"Well," My eyes rake over the questions. "Does—does it hurt?" I swallow. It's what I guess I consider the easiest one on the list "Transforming?"

"Nope."
"No, it's natural." The two of them reply at the same time. "To us, it comes as natural as moving. Just moving in a different way to humans." Elijah furthers. That sounds like it makes sense? I take as stretching but in a different direction than the average human reach.