2: Burn [Hamilton]

All heads turn to the screen as it flickers on. Ochako leans in slightly, "I wonder what this one's about! The last one was really good!" Shiro almost burst out laughing. Almost. Oh boy - they're gonna hate her.

A boy sat in front of a fireplace. It was Izuku. He was clutching a piece of paper to his chest as he bowed his head. Music began to play as another walked in. It was Shouto.

Hitoshi pouted, "Favouritism..."

Izuku looked back, revealing the tears that streamed down his face. As soon as he saw Shouto, he pushed himself up and glared at the boy.

"Or not..." Hitoshi frowned, as did Shouto. Why was Izuku crying?

He began to sing, "I saved every letter you wrote me..." Shouto looked extremely conflicted. "From the moment I read them, I knew you were mine." Izuku was smiling. "You said you were mine... I thought you were mine..." That smile was wiped away as he opened a small chest. He reached in and picked up some letters. "Do you know what Kyouka said,"

"Oh. I'm mentioned here!" Kyouka smiled to herself.

"When we saw your first letter arrive? She said, " An image of Kyouka appeared next to Izuku. They both looked off to the side. "Be careful with that one love..." In sync, they looked at Shouto. "He will do what it takes to survive..."

"... I wonder what Todoroki did to Midoriya..." Denki commented, unusually solemn. Sero grumbled, also concerned.

Izuku looked so peaceful as he sang his next verse. "You and your words flooded my senses... Your sentences left me defenceless. You built me palaces out of paragraphs - you built cathedrals...!" He let out a shaky breath as he held out one of the letters, gazing over the words. "I'm re-reading the letter you wrote me...  I'm searching and scanning for answers in every line - for some kind of sign. And when you were mine..." Izuku crumpled up the letter and turned to the fireplace. "The world seemed... To burn~..." He tossed them one by one as Shouto watched in horror. "Burn~" The green-haired boy spun around and grabbed a pamphlet, walking towards his lover.

"Shou..." Hitoshi mumbled. "What did he do?" He glanced at Shouto. Shouto looked so guilt-ridden.

Some of the more perceptive students and teachers had figured it out. One of them was Momo. She frowned, averting her eyes. "Oh no..."

"You published the letters she wrote to you!" Izuku shoved the pamphlet in his hands. Tears continued to run down his face. A silhouette of Shouto and... Bakugou?! appeared. They kissed.

Izuku felt as if he was going to be sick. Shouto and his tormentor? If that actually happened... He'd probably leave... This world.

"You told the whole world how brought this guy into our bed!"

Many felt horror creep up their spine. And, though he will never admit it, Eijirou finally knew what a yandere feels like.

"In clearing your name - you have ruined our lives!" Izuku pushed Shouto and turned around. His head tilted up in a futile attempt to stop crying. "Do you know what Uraraka said - when she read what you'd done?! She said, "

Normally, Ochako would be happy that she was in one of these. This time, she bowed her head.

A scene showed up, Ochako was hugging Izuku, comforting him before whispering in his ear - glaring afar. "You've married an Icarus... He's flown to close to the sun."

"How sadly poetic..." Yuga commented, casting his gaze to the ground in respect. "Monsieur Midoriya must feel absolutely horrible."

Izuku grabbed his head. "You and your words obsessed with your legacy!" Pure disgust was shown as Izuku spat out 'legacy'. "Your sentences border on senseless. And you are paranoid in every paragraph: how they perceive you! You! You! You!"

The amount of information and emotion delivered just from those three words. 'You, you, you!' It showed how Shouto was neglectful. How he was obsessed with himself - uncaring of anyone else. Not even his own husband.

Momo and Tenya both hummed. This plot seemed familiar somehow. A man cheating on his lover and publishing it on a pamphlet... Of course.

Izuku's face softened. It became tired and worn out - as if done with everything. "I'm erasing myself from the narrative... Let future historians wonder -" He grabbed more of the letters and lifted it up to his face, "how Izuku reacted when you broke his heart~! You have torn it all apart!" Ripping the letters in half, he tossed them into the fire. "I'm watching it burn!" Izuku emptied out the chest, watching all the letter fall to the floor. "Watch it all, " He struck a match. "BURN~!" And dropped it on the papers.

"Damn..." Denki mumbled. Next, to him, Sero grabbed his hand. There's no way they want to go through anything like that. The same applied to everyone else. Going through a break up is hard enough - but being cheated on was worse.

Shouto bowed his head, refusing to watch the result of him ruining Izuku's life.

Izuku held his hand. Shouto was here - just like Hitoshi. That was all that mattered.

"The world has no right to my heart!" Izuku moved to the drawers, glaring at the picture frames with Shouto with Izuku. "The world has no place in our bed!" Izuku knocked all of it into the growing fire as Shouto watched helplessly (haha. Helpless). "They don't get to know what I said!" He opened a drawer that contained even more letters. "I'm burning the memories! Burning the letters that might have redeemed you!" He tossed it into the fire and slammed the drawer closed. Shouto could only stare as Izuku came marching up, pushing him with every lyric. "You forfeit all right to my heart! You forfeit the place in our bed! You'll sleep in your office instead!" Izuku pushed him to the floor and stalked towards the fire. "With only the memories - of when you were MINE~!" He removed his ring and raised it up staring at it through misty eyes.

"Don't tell me..." Mina gulped, edging to the front of the couch. "I mean - he can't!"

Tooru blinked and looked at Mina. "What's wrong?"

The pink-skinned girl sat back down, sinking into her seat. "You'll see..."

"I hope that you..." Shouto's eyes widened as he manoeuvred his body to all fours. He reached out a hand towards Izuku. "Burn~..." Izuku dropped his ring in the fire.

Silence. Just - silence. Everything was building up to that moment. And they could ask for nothing more.

"Talk about divorce..." Nemuri tried to laugh but just couldn't. Because - damn that scene was powerful.

The screen turned black.

It was quiet for about two minutes before Shiro spoke up. "Okay. A little bit of context." They looked at the supposed God. "This is based on a historical figure - Alexander Hamilton."

Momo and Tenya nodded their heads. Thought so.

"He established America's financial system and was the right-hand man to George Washington - America's first president." Shiro smiled. "A composer - Lin-Manuel Miranda - read a book about Hamilton and decided that he was going to create a musical based on him. And thus Hamilton was born. However, he did change a lot about the story. For example - Hamilton did cheat on his wife, but he told her months before he revealed it to everyone. Also, he was not obsessed with his legacy and himself. He was always asking his wife, Eliza, if she was okay and if she really wanted to marry him - because he was poor and she would be marrying into his wealth. Well, I can't be mad at Lin. He never said that it was historically correct. Just based on him. So, yeah... Onto the next one!" She clapped.