Chapter 2: polish and wax,do laundrey and mop🗑

Elle's p.o.v:

My team starts with the ball, a boy runs a few strides but someone tackles him. The ball flies through the air and I catch it with my tourney stick, then run down the field. I dodge a few of the opposite teams players that are ready to tackle me. Then I see Jay running to tackle me, I grin behind my helmet. I slide under his arm and keep running. When I'm right by the goal someone tackles me to the ground. I manage to through the brown leather ball to the nearest player on my team. With my luck though the player happens to be Audrey. Sleeping Beauty's daughter hits the ball letting out a small squeak and scores a goal. Me and the player on the floor pull of our helmets. I grin widely as I see Mal's purple hair tumble down her shoulders. We both descend into laughter. Carlos and Jay run over and help us up.
"Are you guys ok?" Carlos asks us.
"Yeh!" We reply.
"Elle you are amazing at tourney!" Jay exclaims astonished, he looks over to the celebration around Audrey, "too bad Audrey stole that shot"
"I don't care, we still won." I laugh at the trios faces In front of me "and if Mal hadn't tackled me I may have had a shot" the purple haired girl grins,
"All in a villains day,"
"Hey Elle, maybe I could give you a tourney lesson sometime?" Audrey shots over.
"That brat!" Jay rolls his eyes. The VK's and I walk back towards the changing rooms.
"Elle, next time give me a better pass, I almost missed!" Audrey brags,
"Audrey. If Elle hadn't given you that pass you wouldn't even have had a touch of the ball!" Carlos snapped back.
"She wasn't talking to you dude!" Chad scoffs and steps in front of Audrey and pushes Carlos backwards, but the VK stands his ground and slaps the prince straight round the face. I run in front of Carlos as chad lunges at him and place my hand on his chest. I send shot of ice into his body and he falls to the floor.
"De Vil!" Someone yells "Detention! I saw you slap him. After school in the gym!" Our coach roared.
"But Chad pushed him first-" Jay protests,
"Get changed now before I give you all detention!" Coach orders, we walk away.
"That evil witch!" Mal hisses when we are out of ear shot, "I swear if I see either of them again today I will-"
"Leave it." We split away from the boys and get changed. Then meet them outside,
"Have fun in detention bro!" Jay says to Carlos before running off too his next lesson.
"See ya there!" I note. Cruella De Vils son looks at me with a confused look in his eyes. "I skipped my last two lessons yesterday." I explain. Mal smirks,
"Typical." She says "bye guys." She walks off to her next lesson.
"I guess detention won't be that bad then." Carlos shrugs, smile and leaves me. As I stride to my next lesson I think about how my life has suddenly changed so quickly. Yesterday the biggest fight I got in was who could have the last biscuit in year 2, and today I stopped an actual fight from going down!

After my lesson i trudge to the gym and wait outside.
"Hey Elle." Carlos greets me. He didn't seem the least bit worried that we have detention, but then I guess this is nothing compared to the isle. "What's up?" He reads the slightly worried expression on my face.
"This might sound stupid but this is my first detention," I blush embarrassed to be telling a kid from the isle I have never had a detention.
"Come on then, get used to it. Thats what happens when your friends with a villain." He grins and puts and arm round my shoulder. We walk into the gym looking super cool and confident. Fairy godmother greets us...
"Ah, Elle and Carlos! As you both have detention you will spend  the next hour cleaning all the windows in here. When you get to the high windows there are ladders over there." Fairy godmother points to a corner of the gym. "Now if you finish early you may leave. Be careful and have fun kids." She strides out happily,
"Have fun in detention, that's new." Carlos makes a face. "I'll start on the left you on the right and we can work our way round?" He asks,
"I don't really have an option."
"I mean you could start on the left!" He jokes. I punch his arm playfully. We start cleaning. For the first ten minutes it's silent, until Carlos breaks it.
"Elle?" He says my name more if of a question than a name,
"Yeh," I answer.
"Why did you skip you last two lesson yesterday? I know you and chad broke up but you seemed like you really didn't want a detention outside,"  he asks. I fiddle with the sponge in my hand for a couple seconds before answering,
"I was just in a bit of a state, I guess." That's a lie. Well not totally I was in a state, but the real reason was because I couldn't handle my emotions and I kept freezing everything I touched. "I'm not sure why, chads an idiot and I always knew that."
"Yeh he is." Carlos agrees, it's suddenly silent again.
"So..." I try to keep conversation "what's the isle like?"  Good one Elle ask about the isle I think. I mentally slap myself for asking. Instead of flipping out at me though the boy dressed in red, white and black comes over to the window I was cleaning and starts helping me.
"It's very different from Auradon, that's for sure. The streets are all dark and dirty the only colour you really see is spray paint or cloths," he thinks for a moment. "It's quite loud though, lots of people shouting, but lots of VK's singing and dancing. That's really the only thing that we used to take our minds off everything hard."He looks at me. Then I get an idea.
"Then I think we need something to take our minds off this," I grin. Carlos watches as I run to where we dumped our bags. I pull out my beats speaker (the carry around ones) and then connect my phone. I shuffle my playlist, answerphone by Ella Erye plays. "Did you dance like this?" I ask and run to grab my sponge, when the beat drops on the verse I dance down the wall rubbing the windows and twisting and turning in all directions. Carlos grins at me then follows dancing to the song. We finish cleaning all the windows 20 minutes early.

"Done!" I say and climb down the ladder. We pick up our bags and leave.
"You know detention isn't all that bad," I tell Carlos as we walk towards the dorms.
"Well not when you dancing around like it's the isle of the lost!" He laughs, "you really cheered me up!"
"I'm sorry I asked about the isle, that was just dumb of me."
"I meant about the whole detention thing, I don't mind talking about the isle it's part of me. My mother is my bad history." He reassures me,
"Mine too." I sigh,
"Who's your mum?" He asks generally puzzled,
"I thought everyone knew! Queen Elsa or the ice queen as so many students are concerned. That's why I'm the 'ice princess'"
"But you don't have powers like your mum do you?"  I look away Subtly. I kinda feel bad lying to him.
"No, of course not!" I laugh it off. We stroll to our dorms.

I turn the golden door knob and see Lonnie, Mal and Evie lounging in the dorm.Lonnie is laying off the side of her bed, Mal is leaned up against my bed and Evie is laying on the floor twirling her hair round her finger.
"Hey princess!" Mal teases me.
"How was detention?" Lonnie asks,
"More like how was spending an hour with a boy you just met?" Evie takes interest in the conversation,
"Typical Evie playing matchmaker." Mal rolls her eyes.
"First, hey. Second, not that bad pretty fun. Thirdly, as you said I just met him and we're cool." I answer,
"So tell me how exactly detention was fun?" Lonnie asks confused.
"We had music and just danced around whilst cleaning the the windows," I flop onto my bed face down.
"Sounds like something we would do on the isle!" Evie wanders out loud. After a while of talking Mal and Evie left for their dorm and me and Lonnie went to bed.

What song is the title from??