Chapter 6: they sad 'cause they in their bowl 🐠

"Ben!" Carlos shouts. we are round the front of the school. I'm starting to feel sick because no one has texted the group chat to say they found him, I can't imagine what Mal's feeling.
"Ben!" I yell, I can feel my voice crack slightly. After we search the front me and Carlos walk to the back, he's not on the tourney field. The two of us head into the forest,
"Carlos I'm really scared we won't find him," I say trying to not let my voice break. He looks at me,
"To be honest me too." He admits.
"You don't think he left the school grounds?" I ask quietly,
"Bens not an idiot. If he left the school grounds there must have been a ridiculously good reason."
"Do you remember that time he sang 'did I mention' to Mal? And got us all to spell out ridiculous?"I smile,
"Yeh, and he got the whole tourney and cheer squad to dance." Carlos laughed,
"Ha, you and Jay dancing in front was the most hilarious thing ever,"
"You saying we can't dance?" He pouts.
"As if! You guys are amazing!" I tell him, then feel my face blush a little. I look away but I think he noticed considering he kept grinning and then started doing random dance moves. "Quit that before I slap you." I tell him, he does another dance move. Then I slap him.
"Ow! I'll get you back for that!" He taunted jokingly,
"So should I-"
"Run?" He finished,
"Yeh." I ask a grin spreading across my face.
"You probably should." I took off at a sprint.
"Ben!" I shout still running, "Ben Carlos is chasing me!" Carlos is gaining on me now,
"Ben!" He runs up right behind me. Carlos grabs me by the waist and spins me round in circles.
"Ben!" I scream laughing.
"Ben, I'm going to kill her!" Carlos shouts, I turn around and look at him smiling. We stand there for a moment catching our breath. I never realised how cute his freckles are. I think. Then the moment is ruined by my phone ringing. I answer it,
"Hey Evie, did you find Ben?" I ask,
"No, meet back on the field asap!" Evie's rich voice says then hangs up.
"We need to go back to the field asap!" I replay the message to Carlos who is still staring at me.
"Let's go." We run back to the field.
"Anyone find him?" Lonnie asks catching her breath as Doug, Jay and her show up to the spot where Mal and Evie were sat.
"No." I pant,
"Neither." Mal says,
"So fairy godmother?" Doug asks,
"Me and Mal had an idea." Evie says.
"No I had an idea." Mal adds, she looks destroyed her eyes are puffy and red and her mascara was messed up.
"Well, we can use my magic mirror!" Evie gushes excitedly. Then the loud piercing bell sounds the end of lunch. "After school." She sighs.
"Your forgetting something," Jay informs us,
"What?" Lonnie asks,
"Detention?" Carlos finishes,
"Urgh." Mal grunts. We all leave for class. After art and English. I walk with Lonnie to the field for detention.
"Have fun." We hear fairy godmother finish her speech and walk away.
"What do we have to do?" I ask,
"Clean the bleachers." Jay says bluntly.
"Or we could just... no luck, times up, clean the bleachers all up." Mal casts a spell and the bleachers are suddenly clean and shiny.
"That's one way of doing it." Doug shrugs,
"Ok Evie mirror." Lonnie says, Evie pulls out a small mirror.
"Mirror, mirror in my hand, show me where king Ben stands!" Evie says. We all crowd the mirror. For a second an image shows up, it's Ben but he's trapped in some wired glowing green thing. Then it disappeared.
"That's strange why didn't the picture stay?" Evie complains confused.
"Was it just me or did it look like he was in some green glowing thing?" Mal asks. She had got herself together and cleaned up.
"Yeh it did." I agree, Evie asks the mirror again.  The same picture shows up but only for a second.
"Everyone search everywhere again, and I mean properly search it." Mal orders taking the lead again. Everyone runs off.
"Ok forest first." I say, me and Carlos get to the forest and start looking.
"Ben!" I shout searching behind a bush.
"Elle! You need to see this!" Carlos calls me over.
"What is i- omg!" I gasp. On the floor is bens backpack. "C-Carlos that's- that's b-bens bag!" I feel tears in my eyes.
"I'm texting the chat!" He says and messages the VK gang group chat.
"You don't think he-"
"No,no defiantly not." Carlos answers before I even finish. "Let's wait for the others." We sit down leaning against a tree facing the lake. Carlos puts an arm over my shoulder and I lean my head on his shoulder. About 5 minutes later everyone shows up.
"Aw you two are cute!" Evie exclaims when she sees us. I don't bother to deny it I just point at the bag on the ground next to the lake. Everyone looks over.
"No!"Mal gasps, malificents daughter falls to her knees.
"So what now?" Doug asks, Evie and Lonnie are comforting Mal, I'm still with Carlos and Jay is leaning on a tree.
"This sounds dumb but is it worth checking the lake?" Carlos asks thoughtfully.
"Nothing is dumb right now." Lonnie says, "so who's going in?"
"I'll do it." I volunteer. I stand up and pull off my camouflage jacket and boots I walk to the edge of the lake. I look back at everyone watching me. Then I turn and dive in, under the water it's pretty clear. It's sparkly because it's magic obviously. I swim at the bottom for a little bit then I see it, a glowing greenish yellow case with a very terrified looking Ben inside. I swim up and catch my breath then sink back down. I touch the side of the case it's almost like glass. Ben looks over at me and starts trying to talk, I shake my head signalling I can't hear him. I show him my hand and mouth 5 minutes. I swim up panting.
"Are you okay?" Carlos asks, I must look panicked.
"Ben is down there he's in this like case thing and he saw me but I can't hear him." I tell them swimming to the grass.
"That's why the mirror didn't work, the lake countered the magic." Evie says.
"I'm going in." Mal announces standing up,
"Mal, don't let's wait until tomorrow and we can properly look at it." Lonnie reason,
"Yeh I'll go and tell Ben we will be back." I assure her "well Ill try and sign it to him." I dive back in and mouth the words. 'We will be back tomorrow' he shows me a thumbs up. I wave and swim up. I climb out the water, Evie hands me my jacket that I put on top of my wet cloths then pull my boots on. We all walk back to our dorms.

Sooo don't worry the Ben situation evolves and makes sense ? Sorry if this is awful again 😂😂🤷‍♀️