Chapter 5:nothing lost but something missing 👀

We reach the grass where Evie, Doug and Ben are sitting anxiously in silence.
"Elle!" Evie shouts, she gets up and runs as fast as she can in her heels (which is pretty fast to be honest). She gives me a bone crushing hug, when she's done we walk to the two still sat down.
"Elle are you okay? Ben filled us in." Doug asks getting up and hugging me, Ben does the same.
"Yeh, chad just scared me I guess." I sit down next to Evie who grabs my hand and holds it and next to Carlos.
"Where are the other three?" Carlos asks,
"Well." Evie bites her lip,
"Jay obviously started beating chad up, you saw him lunge at the idiot." Ben begins. Me and Carlos nod. "Then when Mal and Lonnie saw what was happening they ran over, Lonnie helped beat him up and Mal put a spell on him-"
"Oh no what spell did she do?" Carlos interrupts.
"She made him float into the air and then the three of them continued beating him up." Ben sighs,
"This is all my fault! Where are they?" I ask,
"Its not Elle," Doug try's to reason.
"Where are they?" I ask again standing up,
"Fairy godmother took them to her office" Ben tells me,
"Elle..." Carlos starts to stand up, I sprint off towards the school. Ben, Evie and Doug behind me and Carlos matching my pace.
"What are we going to do?" He pants,
"Save our friends." I say determined. When we reach the office I burst through the door, and sure enough Mal, Jay and Lonnie are sat listening to fairy godmother.
"Elle, what are you doing here?" She asks,
"Fairy godmother it wasn't there fault-"
"Listen Elle maybe they were trying to protect you but they still beat another student up. They have detention all next week for an hour after school and that's final." She says,
"If they get detention then I get detention." Doug says walking forward. Everyone looks at him shocked, the son of dopey a honour student volunteering for a detention.
"Me too." Carlos joins,
"And me." I agree.
"And me." Evie.
"And me." Ben.
"Well ok if you insist," fairy godmother shrugs, "all of you detention next week. Now leave please." We all walk out and she shuts the door.
"I can't believe you did that!" Lonnie exclaims.
"Me neither," Ben mutters,
"Your the man Doug!" Jay puts his arm round Doug,
"This sure isn't how I expected my Friday to end." Carlos mutters,

Time skip to Monday after school.

I walk to detention, it was on the tourney field. Everyone was already there except Ben. After 5 minutes we see fairy godmother walking over.
"Wheres Ben?" I whisper to Mal,
"I don't know." She answers,
"Ok kids today you will- where's Ben?" Fairy godmother says, I bite my tongue and I see Mal fiddling with her bracelet.
"He went to the bathroom." Jay lied saving us all.
"Oh ok, today you will be litter picking this whole field. Good luck have fun." She said and left us.
"Why does she keep telling us to have fun in detention?" Carlos murmurs as we dump our bags and take a litter picker from the pile on the ground. I grin at him.
"So where is king Ben?" Evie asks when we all begin picking up litter.
"I don't know." Mal admits,
"You don't think he'd really skive do you?" Doug asks,
"The king skive? As if."
"Maybe he had some royal business to attend," Evie says dreamily and starts waltzing with her litter picker. We all laugh,
"How cool would it be if you could skive detention to go and taste test cake or choose a royal colour for your new mansion?" Lonnie laughs. After another 20 minutes of picking up trash and chatting, Mal finally cracks,
"Ok I'm so bored!" She snapped,
"Maybe some music would help make this go faster." Carlos suggests looking at me and smirking. I take my beats out my bag and connect my phone,
"Song suggestions?" I call to everyone,
"Girls like you maroon five!"
"Trust fund baby why don't we!"
"sweet but psycho Ava max!"  I play sweet but psycho, and we dance around and sing,
"No,no you play alo-o-ong , let her lead you o-o-on!" All the girls sing loudly, and Jay rolls his eyes at us. When the song ends Evie calls another one,
"Better in stereo dove Cameron!"
"Nah, I don't really like her." Mal groans, I play it anyway, and we all sing it loud.
"I'm up with the sunshine, I lace up my high tops, slam dunk ready or not..."
"Omg play the Jessie theme song!" Lonnie shouts,
"Eh, that shows kinda annoying. Especially that Luke guy." Carlos moans, I play it anyway and we all sing it.
"Hey Jessie, hey Jessie. It feels like a party everyday. Hey Jessie, hey Jessie!" When the hours over we all go back to our rooms.

Time skip to Tuesday morning.

Just after my first lesson I'm at my locker when someone slams it shut. I look up at the person. It's Mal. But she looks worried.
"Hey, what's up?"
"Ben didn't show up to art!" She says and starts pacing. "He didn't text me last night either, Elle I'm really scared." She shakes me.
"Ok Mal, stay calm! Wait until lunch and if he doesn't show up we will all search for him." I reassure her.
"Ok, ok, I'll see you at lunch." Malificents daughter says and walks away. After my next two lesson I walk to lunch alone because Ben didn't show to math. I'm now starting to worry as well. If Ben didn't tell Mal anything something must be up. I walk over to the VK gang's table. Everyone's there except Mal and Evie.
"Where are the girls?" I ask Carlos sitting down next to him.
"They haven't arrived from class yet, any sign of Ben?"
"No he wasn't in math," then we all hear loud laughing. I look over to the populars table and see them all laughing at a crying Mal and Evie holding her hand.
"Poor Mally are you sad?" Chad teases and Wanda and Audrey high five him.
"Here," Lonnie throws me and Jay a shiny red apple.
"I'm aiming at chad." I tell them,
"I'll take Audrey." Jay says,
"I'll take Wanda then. 3,2 and 1" Lonnie counts down then we all lob the apples at the table and hitting each of our targets on the head. We all high five then gather our stuff and meet Mal and Evie. We all walk out and sit on the grass.
"Elle was Ben in math?" Evie asks still holding Mal's hand.
"No sorry." I say quietly.
"Ok, initiate search party, in pairs we search every inch of the school and if we don't find him..." Jay trails off,
"If we don't find him we go to fairy godmother." Doug finishes.
"Yes. I'll go with Mal." Evie stated, "Doug, Lonnie and Jay search the school, Elle and Carlos search the forest and out sides. Me and Mal will search dorms."
"Why d'you put me with them?" Lonnie whines,
"Cause I don't trust them on their own, and Carlos needs a girl incase he gets scared." Evie giggles and Mal smiles a bit,
"Yeh I'm not going with him, he might jump in my arms again." Jay snickers,
"Hey!" Carlos complains,
"Don't worry I'll protect you." I promised grinning and standing on my tiptoes to pat his head.
"Oh god," we all split up to start searching.

Sorry about the song part I just couldn't resist😂 also don't come at me, I love dove and Jessie and Luke it was just a little joke. And did anyone get the sing it loud and poor Mally parts? But where's Ben ? Sos if this kinda sucked 😂