Chapter 3

Jim's POV

November 24, 1999

I woke up early like any other day except for the fact that today was not any other day. Today is our babies' birthdays. I woke up and turned to my side to see my husband who was still sleeping. I woke him up give him give him a kiss and cuddled up. He woke up immediately as if he was waiting for me to give him a kiss. Freddie laid on his side facing me.

"Good morning", I said kissing him again.

"You're in a good mood today.", he said snuggling.

"You forgot?", I asked almost immediately sitting up on the large bed.

"Of course not dear. How can I forget the day that my girls came into the world?", he said

"Your girls?", I asked him, raising an eyebrow, as he sat up.

"Ours", he said, pulling my hands into his and caressing the ring. Just then the door was opening. And Freddie was already smiling at me when a tiny head popped into the room and ran towards us. I got off the bed to hug her. But she didn't run towards me or Freddie. She went near the edge of the bed to wake up Delilah who was curled up on our bed as usual and started giggling.

"You naughty little girl", Freddie said getting off the bed to catch her and she started squealing "Dada!!" and ran towards me. I picked her up and Freddie started tickling her saying, "Tickle tickle tickle" and she started squirming and laughing in my hands. Then, Freddie held out his hand to Lyla and she literally jumped int his arms.

"Come let's go get your sister", said Freddie to Lyla as I was making the bed.

"You guys go ahead, I'll join ya' ", I said.

Freddie's POV

Katie was almost up and started crying since she didn't see anybody else in the room which almost often happens. I kneeled down with Lyla on my hands who I let go. Katie was all teared up already when I held out my hands. As soon as she hugged me, I tickled and she started laughing screaming "Papa" in between.

I got up and held out my hands for them to hold, "Come on! Let's go brush your teeth"

Jim joined us as I was getting the brushes for the girls

**A few minutes later**

"Careful on the stairs!", Jim said from upstairs as the girls ran down.

As we went into the kitchen, the girls were hugging Phoebe and babbling something which neither Jim and I nor Peter understood but the girls did because they were laughing and squealing.

"Come on breakfast time. Lyla! Katie!", said Jim as I went to get Jim some coffee. Never in the 80s or 90s did I think Jim and I would be having two 4 year olds when we are 50 something and Jim was strict parent than I was. I loved to spoil my girls but Jim does get angry when I over-do the spoiling even though they're really tiny girls.

For breakfast, we, as in, Jim and I had what we always have and the girls, since it was their birthday, Joe had made them tiny Gummy bear pancakes and some fruit on the side. Thankfully, the girls were not picky eaters but they loved Gummy Bears. 

The breakfast talk was mostly about the kids birthday party  which was gonna take place at around 4. It was also a costume party so kids have to dress up. We made sure we invited all of the close circle kids we know, Mary's, Roger's, Bri's, John's, Mack's and of course their cousin, Jamal. Also my parents were invited and Jim's mother was flying in today afternoon.

Narrator POV:

After breakfast, Jim excused himself and kissed his lover and the girls goodbye as he went out to run some errands for the party and to pick up the parents who were arriving in two hours. Meanwhile, Freddie attended to the cats as the girls were playing pretend. Freddie also laid out the girls costumes for the birthday party. Mary promised to be here early to do the girls' hair. The girls seemed to love their costume.

"We're home", announced Jim as he entered through the front door with Mr and Mrs. Bulsara and his mother. Jim was carrying a box while Phoebe helped carry the rest of the goods in.

The girls were excited to see their grandparents. The both of them hugged and gave kisses to their grandpa, Nana (Mrs. Bulsara) and Granny(Mrs. Hutton).

"Look what Dada and Papa got you",  said Jim, kneeling on the floor. "What is it?", the girls exclaimed in unison. Jim opened the box to reveal two kittens meowing saying, "Happy Birthday!"

The girls loved cats just like their dads. The kids played with the cats

"You just didn't get two more cats", Freddie said to Jim pouting while walked in through the door holding the hands of her sons who came dressed as a policeman and a boxer. The girls being babies and having short attention span turned to play with Mary's boys.

"C'mon girls! Let's go get your hair done.", said Jim as he picked up Katie who was still holding the kitten which Freddie now took from her which led to her crying. Lyla went with Mary. The boys were busy playing with the cats while Jim and Mary helped the kids get into their costume. 

The costume was specifically done for the twins. They loved their Papa's outfit from the Earl's Court performance in 1977. 

We got a red sequin one for Katie and the silver for Lyla

We got a red sequin one for Katie and the silver for Lyla. The girls had their hair upto the length that Freddie had then which made things even better.

The party was successful. The girls had their own cakes. They and their fathers had a great time celebrating the birthday