chapter two

The following afternoon, Clarke stirred in her sleep. Someone's arm pulled her closer, snuggling up against her. She barely placed the face of the person as her memory blurred pieces together. She felt a hand circle her stomach causing her to blush. She was down to her bra and underwear. Her stomach turned sickly as she sat up too quickly. Immediately, her head ached and felt the need to throw up. God, she hated hangovers. They were the worst thing in existence, she thought bitterly. Right next to her was a stranger with dark curly hair, head nestled into a pillow. Exhaling, she crawled forward, slow and quietly not to wake him. She froze in place as she heard a voice behind her. Her eyes widened with embarrassment. How did I get here? 

"Leaving so soon?" he asked amusedly. It was Priceless as he worded it. This wasn't the first time a girl had to try to sneak out of his bedroom. He just caught her in the act.

"I'm late for class," She lied, searching for her clothes. He knew it as well because classes didn't start until Wednesday. His room was a disaster and she might have been the reason. Regaining her concentration she located her pants underneath the bed.

"You know, the sex was phenomenal." He confessed. She bumped her head and cursed under her breath. He couldn't believe her ears. She backed up and stood up, glaring at him all while pulling up her jeans.

"At first I was top, but then it got even better. You flipped me over and —" A pillow hurled at him stopping him mid-sentence. He laughed as he moved the pillow to the side, arm resting on it. Clarke was still looking around the room for her shirt. It was nowhere to be seen. He scrunched up his face as she accused him of hiding it.

"Bossy much?" His brow raised as she hopped on the bed. He silently watched her climb on top of him, the sheets only separating them. His hands instantly went to her waist, eager she was on top — surprisingly again. Her blue eyes met with his, mischievously.

"Move." She hissed, attempting to push him over. He wouldn't budge but he was satisfied with how hard she tried. He sat upright, holding onto her shoulders, equally experiencing a hangover from the wince. He had the chance to ask about who she was. Notably, he didn't want this to be a one-time thing. 

"I never got your name, well if I did. I certainly don't remember."

"Clarke Griffin." She introduced herself.

"Bellamy Blake,"

His hands lingered on her shoulders, thinking. He recognized her at the high school graduation during the spring. She had the top scores and an honorary scholarship to Ark. He never spoke to her once. So, it wasn't shocking that she wouldn't know of him. He handed over her shirt and she took it, at first he didn't let go. "I have to ask," He pressed on. Clarke stubbornly stopped pulling and listened. "Did you not notice me once at the High School?"

Clarke returned a reassuring look. "You were in bio with me. Pretty sure you've cheated off me a few times."

"Not a chance," He let her take her shirt. She put on her shirt and spawled out on his comfy bed. Her phone was next to her pillow and she read over her text messages from Raven. The majority were from last night when intoxicated. She smiled to herself pleased. Clarke had things planned to do today; however, it could wait a little longer. Her face turned to look at Bellamy who was fixed on his phone too. "Didn't you also get into a lot of trouble?" She teased.

"Why do you think I'm choosing to be a cop?" 

"Oh, really?" Her eyes lit up a little. "I think that suits you."

"Because I'm reckless?" He taunted. 

"That and -" She said in between kisses. "You have good intentions." She observed, hand placed against his chest. That brought a smile to his face. This whole time she was observant. She knew the story of how he defended his sister a few times, taking down bullies for her. She acknowledged that he wasn't just trying to be bad but had put others needs before his own. There was a selfish side of him that seemed to reveal itself around her.

   Bellamy wanted to keep her here longer regardless they were both off of their schedule. Hell, he wanted to remember how they met last night. He could only remember their sex. Admittedly, it was awesome he could see it clearly in his head, nonetheless, if he could trace back to how it all started, he'd be much happier. Clarke left fifteen minutes before Octavia returned to the apartment. She walked into her brother's room to see his arms covering his face.  

"What happened to you?" She questioned out of curiosity.  

"I brought a friend home." 

    Octavia made a face and rolled her eyes.  As if he had a friend, to begin with, she snorted in thought. He was too busy protecting her to care about having friends. "This friend you speak of is in fact not random girls you sneak home?" Bellamy rolled to his side, covering himself with a blanket, groaning. He did not want to have this talk with her. His sister was very intuitive and noticed these things. Especially when he insisted that she stayed the night at a friend's house. Finally, she left him alone. Bellamy later got dressed and found Octavia sitting on the couch. She was eating snacks and watching a show. It was strange for him to ask his sister about a girl. In particular, Clarke. Octavia stopped everything she was doing and sat up. She thought it was a joke at first but his expression convinced her that he was telling the truth.

"You slept with Clarke," She whispered, unexpected by the news. "Do you know how many tried to get with her?" She started to count off her fingers listing off boys and girls. She was too busy in her own studies to ever be in anything romantic. Truly it was astonishing how Clarke willing got drunk and had a good time. Octavia continued to focus on the episode playing. Bellamy rustled her hair playfully and sat down beside her.  Tomorrow he planned on finding Clarke at school.