Chapter 2-The Beginning of Summer

-Aiden's Pov-

It's been 3 weeks, since Lumine moved in and Kody got a little easier to be around. He has been nicer to Sherry and Silver, I guess that's a start. "Kody no cheating!" Silver wined. I heard Kody and Silver playing video games in the living room, they were being a bit too loud.

I walked out of my office to see Kody and Silver getting along for once. "Kody you know you have school tomorrow, don't stay up late." I shout over the sound of the blaring tv. "I know, I know." Kody quickly answer turning his focus back to the tv. 'I wonder where Sherry anc Lumine are?' I thought turning my head to look around.

I glanced out the kitchen window to see Lumine and Sherry talking in the backyard. They looked like they were having fun outside. 'It's good to see everyone getting along for once, I've never seen Kody this happy since his mother. Lumine seems to be fitting in here nicely too.

-Lumine's Pov-

The next morning was Friday, Kody had school and he had slept in. I was still half asleep when I turned over to see my clock. 7:34 the white lit up numbers read. I got out of bed and walk pass Kody's closed door. 'Is he still sleeping?' I didn't want to enter his room, in fear of getting yelled at by Kody.

"Morning Lumine, is Kody up?" Aiden cheerfully asks me cooking food on the stove, with a pink apron on. "Heh, um his door was closed....um I don't think so. Do you want me to wake he up?" I asked trying not to laugh. "Yeah would you do that for me please?" I just nod in responce and head up the stairs to Kody's room. "What's so funny?" Aiden asks Silver. Trying to keep a strait face. "Um I don't maybe your apron, just a wild guess." Aiden gives a confused look at Silver and he burts into laughter.

When I get to the door I hesitate to knock at first, but eventually do it.

-Kody's Pov-

I heard a knock at my door followed by a voice. "Hey Kody it's Lumine, Aiden wanted me to check on you to see if you were awake." I put a pillow over his face trying to block out the sound of his annoying voice. Lumine sparks up again, and all I heard was a muffled sound.

"Kody you don't want to be late for school, it's already 7:38." I took the pillow off my face and ask. "Wait what time is it?" Lumine speaks once more answering 7:39, in a panick I quickly take the covers off.

I heard Lumine walking away, as I scramble around trying to get my pjs off. I put my clothes on and rushes out of my bedroom, I almost ran into Sherry. "Watch it." She exclaims as she was about to drop a basket full of dirty laundry. As I rushes to the kitchen I seen Lumine talking to Silver.

"Morning Kody, want some breakfast?" Aiden asks me cheerfully. "Um what's with the pink, uh no don't have time, gotta school bye." I rush past Aiden frantically putting my shoes on. I grab my bag and sprint out the door almost tripping over a lawn ornament.

-Lumine's Pov-

"Oh god, I did not raise a kid with that type of grammar." Aiden blundly says, while hanging his apron up on a hook.

Silver and I burst into laughter, Silver spitting the water he had been drinking everywhere.

Aiden slowly turns around and asks why they were laughing. "It's what....you said." I manage to say between my wheezing. I slowly calm from laughing so much and finish my food. After I took my final bite, I walked over to the counter to put my plate and fork in the sink.

I wdnt upstairs to get dressed for the day. I changed into jeans, a blue shirt and a plaid button up shirt. I walked out of my room and into the laundry room, to help Sherry with the clothes.

-Elijah's Pov-

"Hey Kody!" Calla and I excitedly called out to Kody, but he just walked right past us and into the building.

"Maybe he's not in a good mood today?" I questioned. "He's never in a good mood Elijah, wait I know we could ask him to hang out after school?" Calla perked up. "If he'll agree to that, haha." The school bell was rang and we walked into the school. (I know in the comic these 2 characters don't get along, but for this story they do.) (^●^)

I say bye to Calla as she walks into her class, I walked into my first class and see Kody. "Hey Kody can I sit with you?" I ask and he nods, so I sit down. "Can you believe this is the last day of school, I'm glad that this finally over for 2 months. Aren't you?" I ask excitedly. "I guess so." He bluntly answers and kills the mood.

The teacher walks in and he begins to wright notes on the chalkboard. After I finished writing my notes, I had free time to talk. "Hey Kody do you want to hang out today, after school?"

Kody was still wrighting his notes but looks to answer my question. "Um, no I think I'm-" I cut him off. "Come on we barely hung out at all, Calla and I were thinking of going to the park or maybe swimming. Please you gotta come this time." I begged Kody to come with Call and I.

"You know what sure, I'm come. Also sorry about ditching you guys earlier I kinda woke up late, I'm just a bit tired is all" Kody said and gave a little smile. "Dude it's fine and Yay, finally!" I excitedly exclaimed. "Elijah not so loud, people are still writing." The teacher intruded on my excitement I slumped back down in my seat as I got weird looks from my classmates. Kody just looks over and chuckles a bit while continuing to finished his notes.

1029 words