Chapter 3-Summer Break Begins

-Kody's Pov-

It was the beginning of summer and I was happy to get out of that prison people call a school. I was going to hang out with Elijah and Calla after school and frankly I was glad that I had friends that cared about me.

Elijah and I were waiting in the front of the school for Calla. I sighed and Elijah noticed. "What's wrong Kody?" He asked me with a friendly smile. "Nothing just a bit tired, maybe some fresh air will help." I answer and see Calla waving at her friends, seconds after she comes running towards us.

"Hey guys, Kody you're actually here, does that mean you're coming with us to the park?!" She excitedly says with a big grin and a sparkle in her eyes. "Yeah I don't have anything else to do so why not." I give her a tired smile and she hugs me really tight. "Um Calla......I...Can't breathe." She then let's go of her grasp and steps back putting her arms behind her. "Oh sorry Kody I didn't mean to hug you that hard heh....anyway let's get going." Elijah Calla and I set off to the park, casually talking about random stuff that I wasn't paying any attention to.

"Hey Kody what do you think?" Elijah questioned me as I turn to face him "Um sorry what, I zoned out." I admittedly said. "Oh nothing, I was just seeing if you were paying attention." Elijah said with a smile and then I started laughing at my stupidity and Elijah's.

"Come on guys, look we're almost there." Calla spoke up. As we approached the park Elijah took off running to the duck pond.

-Calla's pov-

"Heh, he's going to fall. Hey Kody can I ask you something?" I questioned Kody. "Hmm, um ya sure?" He looked at me. "So I've noticed you've been acting a little nicer to everyone lately. When Elijah and I were walking home we noticed a boy playing with you. Who is he?" He was taken aback a little by the question.
"W-well my dad brought him into our house cause apparently he was homeless before. I-I find him annoying as heck."

He looked away towards the ground, he was trying to hide his face. "Kody, are you ok?" I asked with a smirk on my face. "Yeah I'm fine." He embarrassedly snapped back. "Are you sure your face in pretty red. Are you gay??" He snaps back, shouting a little. "Calla!" >//////< Kody runs over to Elijah feeling really flustered.

-Kody's pov-

After Calla confronted me I took off running towards the duck pond. Elijah was crouched over looking at the ducks swimming. "Hey Kody ." He joyfully says to me. I heard Calla running towards us. I sat down next to Elijah, putting my feet in the cool water. "Calla come sit." Elijah asks her. We all sit on the docks for a little bit then as I stand up Calla pushes me in the water. I felt her hands push hard against my back, and the cold water cover my entire body. I felt my feet touch the gooy mud below. I push my feet and stick my head out of the water.

"Hey Calla." I grab her foot and pull her into the water. Calla's head pops her out of the water. "Cannon ball!!" Elijah jumps into the water splashing both of us in the face. We laugh and swim around the lake. I get out of the water to take off my jacket, I roll up my pant legs and walk to the end of the dock.

We must of lost track of time cause the next time I looked up it was already getting dark. "It's getting dark I should get home." I said getting out of the water.

"Ya you're right, it getting pretty late. Hey Calla shall we?" Elijah spoke teasingly holding out his elbow.

"My good sir I would be delighted." She spoke trying to sound like a rich person would. They both called out goodbye to me as they walked away laughing.

I just smiled and started my way home. I was half way when I noticed a man following me, if I sped up he did too and if I slowed down he did as well. I was starting to panic just a little bit.

Running through the woods now, ducking over branches and jumping over roots I was almost there. Just then I tripped and slid along the dirt path, I looked up and the guy was on top of me.

I'm not sure what he wanted to do but it was enough to make my body freeze up. I closed my eyes when I heard a growl, something large jumped over me. A large gust of wind blew my hair.

I heard screaming from the man and then running. Just as I was about to open my eyes something touched my shoulder. "Kody? Kody are you ok? Did he hurt you??"

I opened my eyes to see Lumine 2 feet in front of me. I couldn't speak, I was scared.

"Get off of me." I angrily said brushing Lumine's hand off my shoulder.

I stood up and brushed off the dirt on my pants. I heard Lumine whimper, I kinda felt bad about yelling at him but he should've crossed that line. At the house Aiden ran up to me hugging my tightly.

"Where were you? Never mind I'm just glad you're safe....no, no never mind where were you?!" Aiden shouted. "I was just with a few friends, we went to the park." I spoke.

"It's fine, don't worry about it just next time tell me where you're going. Ok?" Aiden spoke with a soft smile. "Whatever." I walked past him and up to my room.

Closing the door I slid my back down it and put my head onto my hands. 'Geez...'

That night I heard Aiden talking with somebody, there was a scream then silence. I was scared but annoyed at whatever was happening, I got out of bed and went for the door when Aiden walked in.

"Hey sorry bout that, it's Lumine he's having a nightmare. Go back to bed we shouldn't be too much longer." Aiden then popped his head back out closing then door behind him.

Words: 1063