Chapter 8-Kody's Secret Gets Out

-Lumine's Pov-

That night all I could think about was the previous day. 'Why was he trying to protect me? I honestly thought that he hated me.' I thought before passing out from exhaustion.

-Kody's pov-

The next day. I woke up to voices outside my room. I rolled over to check my clock; 9:12 AM. "Hmmmmm." I groaned getting out of bed to grab my phone.

Elijah

Thursday 12:05 PM
Ok ttyl

Saturday 9:17 AM

Hey you up?

Ya what's up?

I've decided to not tell him,
I don't want to mess things
up with our friendship

Dude! Ya know what I'm
coming over

Huh? What why?

Elijah?!

Answer!!

*End of texting*

I heard a knocking at my front door. 'Damnit Elijah.' I thought as I got up and walked down the stairs to the front door. I didn't even let him in he just walked right in. "Kody! There you are. Come here." Elijah shouts.

"Shh! Be quiet Lumine's sleeping." I whisper yell. "Perfect let's talk strategy then, come sit." He dragged me over to the couch. Note I was still in my Pjs and I had bed head. "What do you want to talk about?" I ask already knowing the answer.

"Duh, your C R U S H." He muffled me with his elbow. I blushed. "Ok ok, I get it." I whisper back. "If you won't tell him. I will for you. You know I will." Elijah threatened. "I know, I just can't. I don't wanna ruin things between us, things just started to get a bit nicer."

"Fuck that, you could be happier." Elijah excitedly grabbed my hands, he was acting like a girl at a sleepover. "So what if I hypothetically ask him out and he says yes, then what do I do?" I ask.

"Take him out on a date, treat him like he means everything to you."

"What if- wait, we should go upstairs to talk. We got spies." I point over to Sherry and Silver who quickly hid their heads behind a wall. "Good idea." I take Elijah up to my room to continue talking. I sit on my bed and Elijah plops on. "Got a nice room, haven't been here since...uh, long time (?)"

He made me laugh a little by how he decided to word his sentence. "Anyway what we're you trying to ask before you got interrupted?" Elijah asked. I blushed a bit knowing the next few minutes could get awkward.

"What I was going to ask was, what if he wants to kiss like- on the mouth?" I frantically blurt out. "Oh, well. Have you ever kissed anyone before?" I shake my head in response. Elijah grabs my face and asks something I never thought his small mind could think of. "Wanna practice with me?"

I was taken aback a little but wasn't really thinking straight at the time. I nodded and he started explaining. "So what you want to do is he goes in for a peck make it short. Oh and turn your head to the right or follow what he's doing.

If he wants a longer kiss don't look like some kid who just had a sour candy and last if he wants to French kiss then try and gain dominance before he tries to fight back.

Most important part, don't open your eyes, breath through your nose and don't be afraid to play with his hair."

"You really know a lot about this don't you?" I ask kinda curious. "Hehe well sometimes me and Calla-" I interrupted him. "Ok ok I get it." We both laugh. "Are you ready to try?" He asked me. "That's if you're comfortable doing it with me, you know what I mean." He snorts out.

"Um yes I am, and yeah I'm comfortable with it..." I looked away for a split second, both out faces were a little red. "Okay remember close your eyes. Let's try the peck first." He scoots closer to me, I close my eyes and he pecks me on the mouth. "See not that bad, now you try." He closed his eyes and I move in.

Apparently I did it right (?)

Anyway moving on, Elijah tells me to close my eyes once again. "Now we're going to try the longer kiss." I close my eyes and he kisses my lips for about 5 seconds. I open my eyes and so does he. He smiles and I just sink into myself wanting to die. "Ok now you." He closes his eyes and I kiss him for about 5 seconds.

We pull apart. "Ok now we don't have to do this one-" "No, it's fine. Why not get a little practice in?" I said as I felt my face heat up a lot. "Sure tomato boy." He jokingly said. I pull him in close and kiss him, he pull apart occasionally but I end up putting my tongue in his mouth.

He ends up dominating me and we pull away. "Not bad obviously needs work but I think you got it down." He said with the smallest blush. "You think so?" I ask. "Yep, now I'm going to go tell him. You're obviously not going to so-" he quickly gets up and runs out of my room.

"Elijah!" I yelled as I run after him. Down the hall, down the stairs and to the kitchen where we found Lumine eating cereal. "I thought you were still sleeping?" I ask. "You guys were loud and I couldn't sleep anymore." Lumine said half yawning.

"Lumine you remember me right?" Elijah asked. "Um yeah." Kody tackled Elijah to the ground, Lumine finished his cereal and started to walk away. "Have fun you 2."

Elijah then blurts out. "Kody likes you!" Lumine stopped dead in his tracks, he doesn't move or speak just listens.

Kody gets off of Elijah, Elijah gets up off the ground brushing off his pants. "The reason that Kody's been acting so 'weird' lately is that he's been trying to find a way to ask you out. What I'm trying to say is that he was too chicken. See ya 2 later, peace!" Elijah frantically leaves through the front door. He knows if he stayed any longer; he would've had his ass BEAT.

Kody is left stunned on the ground, face as red as a tomato, again. He was scared of what Lumine would say next. Lumine turned his head forward and walked to his room closing the door behind him.

Words: 1090