What Do You Think It Is?

Catherines point of View

I woke up and went onto my phone. I had 10 messages from JD talking about the Why Don't We concert and what we should wear.

I put my phone down and got up. I put on white jeans with holes in them and a black shirt that went past my hips. I curled my hair and brushed my teeth. I put on dirty white vans, grabbed my bag and went downstairs.

I left the house, not even saying hello to my father.

JD was out waiting for me. I got into his car and set my bag on my lap.

"Another day, another day of fun" JD said sarcastically with a small chuckle at the end of it.

A small smile grew across my face and I took my phone out and scrolled through instagram. I dont really understand the meaning of instagram, why post a photo just to get likes? why would you want opinions on your body, from people that don't even know you?

A few minutes later, JD parks and We both get out and walk towards the school. Drew was already in the school with his little group and I glanced at him, he was wearing this dark blue shirt that made me blush a bit. I turned my head to the side and walked past him and his little group and went straight towards my locker with JD following beside me.

"Your face is red" He chuckled a bit and leaned against the locker next to mine.

"Yes, yes, okay, yes, I know" I said opening my locker, "Drew just looks, really...realllyyy, good..." I quickly shoved books into my locker.

JD looked over at Drew then back at me. "You know, he could like you"

"And why would you try and get my hopes up?" I shut my locker, "Hes a popular jock with half of the girls in this school crushing on him, its Drew Cameron, JD, there is not a single atom in this entire world that will give me hope that Drew Cameron, likes me, Catherine Prescott." I look at him with sad eyes.

"Cath," He cups my face. "if he doesnt like you, he's missing out on the best thing that could ever happen to him, don't let one boy bring you down, there are other fish in the sea, and there is at least one atom in the entire universe, that says, he likes you" He smiled and took his hands away from my face.

I smiled and chuckled then started to walk to our class. JD always knew how to cheer me up.

I believe its time I tell you all something about JD, him and I have been friends since birth. Yes, since birth, our parents were friends, and since they would always hangout together, we would always be with eachother, we grew up together, we shared a lot of things together, he was there for me when my mother passed away, he was there for me when I had my first ever breakup, whatever I was going through, JD would always be there with a box of chocolates and a blanket. He is and basically will only be my only friend, I never had any other friends growing up because none of them understood me like JD. Hes just the type of friend everyone needs.

Anyway, enough about that, JD and I got to art and we sat down at a table. I looked up and looked around the classroom a bit and then layed my eyes on Drew.

No, he didn't see me, but something caught my eye, something on his arm.

I hit JD's arm softly, "Hey, do you see that?" I asked.

JD looked over at Drew then back at me. "Yeah, why?"

I shrugged a bit. "It looks like a bruise.." I looked at JD, and saw him look back over at Drew then back at me and nodded, as if he were to agree with me.

Well now I was curious, but how am I supposed to ask a popular jock about his arm, he would think I'm weird, and he would probably look at me like I was a bug he just squashed. Either way, I'll find out some day.