The Walk By The Beach

Catherines point of View

The school day ended and JD went to go pick his sister up. I walked down the hallways that were now quiet, since everyone left already. I look up from the ground and see Drew standing at his locker, a small smile went across my face. He turned his head and looked at me, I could see a small smile appear. I smiled a bit more and started walking over to him. Before I could get to him, Deion went in front of me and smiled. "You ready for that walk?" I look at him then behind him at Drew. I could see his smile turn to a frown, he then turned around and walked away. I frown a bit then look at Deion and nod with a small smile. "Yep." He smiles and turns around and walks towards a door that lead outside, I followed. A few minutes later we arrived at the beach. We set our bags down near a bench and  took our shoes off and placed those near our bags too. We walked along the beach and the sun was just over the horizon. "So, how was your first day of school?" I ask, trying to not sound weird, but then again, if I act weird, maybe he'll just leave me alone. "It was amazing, I have art with you, so I get to see you every morning, which brightens my day." He smiles and goes to grab my hand, but before he could I cross my arms and nod with a smile. "How sweet." He smiled and continued to walk, I followed beside him. A small breeze made it a bit cooler, but hearing the waves crash against the water was pleasing. About two hours later Deion and I are laughing our asses off and splashing around in the water. "I told you, you would miss me!" Deion says with a chuckle as he picks me up then dunks me in the water. I laugh and wrap my arms around his neck. He holds me up and looks into my eyes, I look at him with a small smile. He slowly layed his lips on mine and I closed my eyes. Maybe he has changed, maybe he's nice, maybe he's the one for me. He pulled from the kiss and set me down, I look up at him with a small smile, he looks down at me with a smile. "Catherine, I love you." I look at him and smile. "I love you too.".

Drew's point of View

My eyes widened a bit. I quickly left the beach with my little sister. "Why are we leaving so early?" She asked. "Because dinners ready, dad texted me." I turned the car on and pulled out of the beach parking lot and drove home, holding tears back. Was the day in the library just for nothing? Did she never even get my note? Why the hell would she act all nice around me then...then..I got out of my thoughts and parked in the driveway. "Get out, and go inside." I look at Lucy. She nods and gets out and goes into the house. I grip the steering wheel some and lean my head back. "DAMN IT!" I slam my hand on the steering wheel. I then take out a pack of cigarettes and look at them. I promised Sarah I wouldn't smoke anymore..I pull out a cigar and look at it. "Sorry Sarah.." I take my lighter out and light the cigar. I watch the flames light up, then I put it in my mouth. There then was a knock on my window which made me jump. I turned my head and saw...JD? The hell? I rolled down my window and looked at him. "Yeah?" "We need to talk! Now!" JD quickly said. He then got into the passenger seat and looked at me. "Did you see?" I roll my window up and look at him. "She kissed that deion kid? So?" JD looks at me with a blank look. "You like her!! I already know!" I look at him and shrug. "I did! She found someone!" JD takes my cigarette and the pack and throws it out the window. "I'm not allowing her to get her heart broken again! Deion is bad for her, he's crazy over her.." I look at JD. "How am I supposed to help? She doesn't like me, shes with him." I go to open the door but JD grabs my arm. "She. likes. you. She's just trying to blind herself with another boy, because she thinks you dont like her, its Catherine, she'll do that!" I look at JD. "I-" I sigh, "what do I have to do?" JD smiles and nods some. "Get her to hangout with you more, she'll see that she made a mistake, she'll see that she's with the wrong person, and soon, she'll see, you are right for her." I nod some then look forward. "Your gonna help." I look back at JD. "I could, but-" he stops talking. "What? Why did you stop talking?" "Maybe we shouldn't, I'm her friend...I should be happy with who she chooses." I roll my eyes a bit. "Look, dude, I'm not a therapist," I look forward, "She likes someone else, accept it, like me, I'll move on." I smile at JD then get out of my car. He gets out and walks home. I look to the side and towards the other side of the island. My eyes land on her house and a small sigh leaves my mouth. "She's happy." I smile some then turn around and walk into my house. "Finally, dinners ready." Lucy said with a smile as she grabbed my hand and walked over to the table.