The Broken Heart

Catherines point of View

My alarm went off and I turned over and looked up at the ceiling. "My three year lover is back. He broke my heart. And now wants me back." I said to myself as I put my hands on my face. I can't go to school today, I think I might just dip..I took my hands away from my face and got out of my bed. I went over to my closet and put on grey sweatpants and a light pink crop top, with my black vans. I brushed my hair and my teeth. I looked in the mirror and let out a grunt. "Why did he have to come back!" I slapped the counter and screamed with my teeth clentched together so no one could hear my breakdown. I let out a slow sigh and left my bathroom and grabbed my bag. As I took it off my chair, a note fell out from one of the pockets. I swung my bag over one of my shoulders and bent down and grabbed the note. I opened it and it read, Walk by the beach after school?- Drew. A small smile went across my face, and I shook my head some and placed the note on my counter. I then went downstairs and grabbed an apple and went outside. JD was there, in his car, waiting for me like usual. I smile and get into the front seat. "I need to tell you something JD." I said, placing my bag on my lap. He looked at me and started his car. "Go ahead." He said with a small smile. I breathed out and nodded some, "I was in the library yesterday, and I was just going through the books, I bend down and look through a gap between two books, and I locked eyes with blue eyes and when I went to stand back up straight, I bumped my head on the shelve above me," I took a bite of my apple, "then the guy came over to check on me, Drew, it was Drew," a small smile went across my face, "he asked me if I was okay, then we just started talking, a few minutes later him and I are sitting at a table laughing our asses off, then before I left he grabbed my hand and asked me if I wanted to go for a walk sometime." I look over at JD, he was smiling like crazy. "I told you Catherine Prescott! Drew Cameron likes you!" He chuckled and smiled. I chuckled, "Shut up! He doesn't!" I chuckle. He shakes his head with a small smile. "But..uh..when I got home, and went to my room, my dad yelled at me to go downstairs, because someone was there for me, so I go and uh...it was..uh..Deion.." I look forward. "Deion? Deion Smith? The guy who broke up with you?!" I nodded, "He also now lives on figure eight, hes rich now..and him and I went on a small walk, thats how I figured out he lived on figure eight, but, before I left him, he told me he wanted me back, he said he-he loved me.." I look at JD then forward, he hits the wheel some and looks at me then forward. "If he gets near you, I swear Cath, I'll kill him." I look at JD, knowing he could never hurt a bug, he wouldn't kill Deion, but he would for sure protect me. "I don't know what to do..Drew and I just got close and Deion just comes in acting like he owns me." I shake my head a bit and look out the window. "Deion dumped you because he was moving, why would someone do that? And now he wants you back?" He parks the car. "Hes a player." JD looks at me and then gets out of the car, I follow. We both walk into school and I look around some, and boom, my eyes meet with Deions. I quickly look away and budge JD's arm. He looks at me as to tell me, yes, I see Deion. "Why does he have to be here.." I look down and sigh. JD puts his arm around my shoulders and walks past Deion and right to my locker. "If he tries to talk to you, just try and act like you went deaf." He looks at me with a smile. I chuckle and shake my head and open up my locker. I put some books into my locker and take some out. I then shut my locker and turn around and lock eyes with Drew, he looks at me and smiles and I smile back. I then turned and walked down to art with JD. We got to the class and sat down at our table. "Hey, I'm cool if you and Drew become a thing, but if he hates me, you need to move on." JD said as he pulled out a pencil. I smile and look over at Drew then at JD. "He'll see you as a friend, I know he will." I pull out my drawing book and flip to a page. "He hasn't even asked for my n-" I got interrupted. "Hey, Cath, can I sit here?" I look up and lay my eyes on Deion. "Uh..." I look at JD, who was already giving Deion the death look. In the distance, I could see Drew get up and come over. "What's goin on over here?" Drew asked, as he crossed his arms. Deion turned around and looked at Drew. "Just seeing if I can sit here." I looked at them then looked at JD, not knowing what to do. JD looked at me then at Deion and Drew. "How about, both of you sit here." I looked at JD with wide eyes and I tilted my head as to say really?! Deion sat in front of me and Drew dat in front of JD. Just perfect, my ex and crush sitting with me and my bestfriend. I turned my head and looked at them. JD looked at me then Deion, then Drew. The teacher finally spoke up and told us what was going on. We got put into groups of four, of course the people that were at our tables, were our partners. So I had to work with Drew and Deion. Great. The project we were assigned was to create a big painting with meaning. Fun. "Okay, well I have an idea." I look at Drew, Deion and JD, they all looked at me. "Something with meaning, would be, how our world is now, we could paint someone being addicted to their phone, since people these days only care about what's going on, on social media." I shrug some and look at them. "Yeah, I like that idea." Deion said. I looked at JD, and I could tell he was taking mental notes. "I like that idea, but maybe we could do something more." Drew said. I look at him and smile some and lean on the table. "Okay, share your idea." He nods with a smile and leans back on his chair. "Maybe we could do a painting of a house on fire, and theres people on the street just taking videos instead of helping." I nod a bit. "Thats a good idea, I like that." Deion nodded, as to agree with us. JD nodded with a small smile. I took my pencil out and started to sketch the drawing on the canvas. JD and Drew talked and I could tell they were getting along. I wonder how Sarah and Austin are gonna react to Drew talking to us. Deion helped me sketch the drawing, I could feel him move closer and I could feel him looking at me from time to time. It started to freak me out. The bell rang and I put our canvas on a shelve and grabbed my bag and walked out of the class with JD. "Wait, Catherine-" Drew got interrupted as I turned around to talk with him. "Would you want to go for a walk, on the beach? After school?" Deion asked me. I looked at Deion then behind him, at Drew. Drew looked at me and gave me a half smile and walked past me and out of the class. I looked back at Deion. Maybe I should give him a second chance.."Sure." I give him a small smile then turn away and walk out with JD. "Why did you say sure? What about Drew..?!" I looked at JD then forward. "Maybe he has changed, I'll give him a chance." I shrug some and walk down the hallway and to my next class. JD went to his class.

Drew's point of View

I lost it. I lost my chance. I walked past Catherine and turned down a hallway. I guess she never got that note I put in her bag. damn.. "Why so sad?" Austin asked with a chuckle. "Nothing, I'm fine." I fake chuckle and shake my head. I get to my locker and open it and take a notebook out. Sarah walked over with a smile and kissed Austin. I shut my locker and turn around and look to the side, watching Catherine walk down the hallway with JD. I could feel my heart ach. "What would you two say, If I were to say I liked a poor kid?" I looked back over at Sarah and Austin. "Your my brother, I know you would never hit on a poor girl." Sarah said with a smile. "You wouldn't really be our friend anymore." Austin said. I look at them. "You would just replace me? pff, with who?" "That Deion kid, he doesn't mack on poor kids." Austin put his arm around Sarah's shoulder and walked away. I looked at them then forward, and got mad and hit my locker then turned away and walked to my next class. Why can't I just be who I want to be..