The Beldam

Coraline and I rush upstairs and into her room. We grab the toys and shove them into a box while closing up and locking the door. "We are going home tonight robots" Coraline starts. "And we won't be back" Coraline throws off her shoes and we get into bed trying to sleep but only able to toss and turn until I fell into what felt like a long sleep.

I woke up to Coraline moving and saying she woke up. "Oh god I'm still here." I pop out of the covers and look around to see that Coraline was correct and that we were still in the other mothers house. Coraline rushes to put her shoes on and run downstairs while grabbing my arm and pulling me with.

We rush into the living room only for the door to be locked. I get dragged to a new room that has our other father in it playing piano slowly. "Hey you! Where's the other mother? I wanna go home." "All will be swell soon as mother's refreshed. Her strength is our strength."

Hands come out of the piano and grab his mouth while one shakes its finger at him. "Mustn't talk when mother's not here." "If you won't even talk to me, I'm gonna find the other Wybie. He'll help me." "No point. He pulled a long face and mother didn't like it." The hands grab him once more and force him back in his seat. I grab Coralines hand and we run.

We ran out of the house and to what I can only guess is the well Coraline talked about. As we walked the cat joined us. "And what do you think your doing?" "We are getting out of here" I answer. "Huh?" Coraline says and looks around. "What's wrong?" "Isn't the old well suppose to be here?" I look around and see we are in a weird white abyss.

"Nothing out here. It's the empty part of the world. She only made what she knew would impress you" "But why? Why does she want us?" "She wants something to love I think. Something that isn't her. Or maybe she'd love something to eat." "Eat? That's ridiculous. Mother's don't eat children." I say questionably. "I don't know. How do you taste?"

As we walked the world around us started regenerating like a game and we end up back at the house. "Huh? But how can you walk away from something and still come back to it?" Coraline asks questioning. "Walk around the world." "What a small world." I mumble. "Hang on" the cat pounces on a moving thing that we see is a mouse. "Stop he's one of the circus mice!"

The cat bites into the use and it changed to a rat. "I don't like rats at the best of times but this one was sounding an alarm." "Good kitty. I'll go back in and try the secret tunnel."

We start to go in and stop at the umbrella rack and grab a walking stick. We use the stick to break the door handles off the doors and walk in. The lights turn on and we see our mother on some kind of insect couch?

A bug chair came out of nowhere and ran into the back of our legs making us sit on it. "They day even the proudest of spirits can be broken.. with love. Of course chocolate never hurt. Would you like one. I see that they are bigs and turn my head away. "Gross they're moving!" "They're coco beetles from Zanzibar." She eats one as I look at her is disgust.

"I want to be with my real mom and dad. I want you to let us go!" Coraline says clear determination in her voice. Other mother throws the bugs away. "Is that anyway to talk to your mother." "You are not my mother." Coraline says and I see our fake mother get angry. "Apologize at once!" "No!" "I've give you to the count of three...one...two" I grab coralines arm. As the other mother changes form. "THREE!" She grabs Coraline by the nose and drags her out of the room.

"Let her go! Stop it!" I beg the woman as I follow trying to get Coraline out of her grasp. "Leave her alone!" We get to the hallway mirror and the other mother pushes her in. "You can come out when you learn to be a loving daughter!" She comes out and glares at me. "And you!"

She grabs my arm tightly and starts dragging me up the stairs into the room where mine should've been placed but instead was a padded room you'd see in movies. "You've been a pain for far too long. Stay here!" She pushes me in and I hear the door lock behind me. I turn around and run towards the door banging on it screaming. "Let me out!" Eventually I got turned and slumped down to the floor. I look at my scratched up hands that were slightly bleeding. "Please be ok Coraline."