A Game.

Coraline POV

After talking to the ghost children I was pulled out of the mirror so I fought and pushed the person into a wall only to find out it was Wybie. We run to the Living room and push over the big dresser in front of the little door. It makes a loud bang as it hits the floor. "Coraline? Is that you?" "Let's go." I try to get Wybie in But he shakes his head. Come on, she'll hurt you again. Wybie takes off his glove and blows his hand away. "Coraline! How dare you disobey your mother! Coraline!" Wybie pushes me into the tunnel and shits the door. I run out into my real house.

"I'm home!" I yell but I don't get a reply so I walk into the kitchen. "Moms new groceries!" I tip the bag and put cones gross food. "Oh ew" the doorbell rings so I run to answer it. "Oh I missed you guys so much!" I open the door only to see Wybie. "Oh the wybie that talks" "Huh? Yeah, so you know that old doll I gave you? My grandma's real mad. Says it was her sister's. The one that disappeared." "You stole that doll didn't you?" "Well it looked just like you and I figured..." "It used to look like this pioneer girl, then Huck Finn Jr., then it was this little rascals chick with all these ribbons and braids and ... grandma's missing sister. I think I just met her, come on." "Listen I'm really not supposed to... whoa!" I yank him in anyway and go to the living room. "She's in there!" I say and point to the little door. "Can you...can you unlock it?" Wybie says and reaches towards the key. I grab his hand.

"Not in a million years. But it wouldn't matter. She can't escape without her eyes. None of the ghosts can." "Yeah. So I really need to get that doll." "Great! I'd love to get rid of it. Where are you hiding you little monster?" I search around for it. "You and grandma been talking?" Wybie tries to start a conversation. "The doll's her spy. It's how she watches you and finds out what's wrong with your life." I explain while trying to find the doll. "The doll is my grandma's spy?" Wybie asks confused. "No, the other mother. She's got this whole world where everything is better.The food, the garden, the neighbours." I point at Wybie. "But it's all a trap. They got M/n too." "Yeah, I think I heard someone calling me, Jonesy."

"Don't believe me? You can ask the cat." "The cat? I'll just tell grandma that you couldn't find the doll." I throw my shoe at him and yell "You're not listening to me!" "That's 'cause you're crazy!" He runs away and I. Follow him throwing my shoes. "Crazy!" He yells. "You're the jerk wad that gave me the doll!" I hear my moms phone ringing so I go and pick it up and try to call dad. "Mom! Dad!...Pick it up dad, pick it up." I hear the disconnecting sound. "Where are you guys!"

I go to Miss Forcible and Miss Spink and explain and they give me a triangle. They said it was good for bad hints and lost things. I go home and crawl into my parents bed. I take there pillows to make little versions of them then I take another pillow and make M/n. I cry myself to sleep only to be woken by the cat.

"Hello, how did you get in? Do you know where mom and dad are?" The cat runs to the mirror downstairs and I see them freezing. Mom write 'help us'
On the mirror and I break it trying to get them out. "How did this happen?" The cat runs back inside the room and pulls out 2 dolls. One had mom and dad on it the other had M/n. "She's taken them." I go to the fire place and burn the dolls.

"They aren't coming back. Mom and dad. Not on their own. Only one thing to do." I grab my bag, my cap, a pair of pliers and the green triangle. As I go through the tunnel The cat speaks. "You know you are walking right into her trap." "I have to go back. They are my family." I say determined. "Challenge her then. She might not play fair but she won't refuse. She's got a thing for games." "Hmm. Okay" the candle I was holding blew out and he cat ran away.

"Coraline?" I look up and see my actual mother at the end. "Coraline you came back for us" I ran out and hugged my mom only for her to change into the Beldam. "Where are my parents?" "Oh I have no idea where you're old parents are. Perhaps they've grown bored of you and run away to France." "They weren't bored of me. You stole them!" "Now don't be difficult Coraline. Have a seat, won't you?" The big came and made me take a seat. The Beldam ate the key.

Suddenly what was my other father that looked like a pumpkin came so Beldam dragged him off to the garden and the chair let me go. "Mom, Dad. Where did she hide you? I heard a bell and went into the kitchen where the Beldam was making breakfast. "Why don't we play a game? I know you like them." "Everybody likes games. Uh-huh. What kind of game would it be?" "An exploring game. A finding things game."
"And what is it you'd be finding Coraline?"
"My real family." "Too easy." "...And the eyes of the ghost children." "Huh. What if you don't find them?" "If I lose, I'll stay here forever and let you love me and I'll let you sew buttons into my eyes." "Hmm. And if you somehow win this game?" "Then you let me go. You let everyone go. My real father and mother, the dead children, everyone you've trapped here." "Deal." "Not till you give me a clue." "Oh, right. In each of three wonders I've made just for you, a ghost eye is lost in plain sight." "And for my parents?" She doesn't answer. "Fine, don't tell me. It's a deal." I turn around and she's gone. "What does she mean wonders?"