"You're not Sophia"

Maraïda's POV

I woke up to the scent of fresh summer breeze and Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was addictive and impossible to resist. I felt my body pressed and coiled to another bigger one. It was tight but very comfortable. I struggled to slip out of his hold but he just pulled me impossibly closer, held on tighter and continued snoring away. I felt slightly dizzy and couldn't remember much of what had happened; or how Jared got into my bed and cuddled in with me. But it was a very pleasant feeling seeing him and feeling him.

All was riding on pretty well until he started caressing my side arms and mumbled Sophia's name. It pierced me like a silver stake, right through the heart. How could he be with me and still think of her, even in his sleep. Did he really love her that much? Did I really have no chance at having him all to myself? I shoved him with all force away hoping he'd fall off the bed; but he was too big and I wasn't even strong enough. He just flinched a little, rubbed his eyes with the back of his hands. I sat up, finally free from his gasp, glaring down at his innocent morning display: adorable but I was too pissed to be mesmerized by it.

"What are you doing in my bed Jared?"

"What?" He jolted up, still half asleep. Drowsily he scanned the environment and quickly realised the situation we were in, "Did I sleep here?"

"I don't know. Why don't we ask Santa Claus, he snuck in here last night to hide Christmas presents. He might know."

"Shut up Maraïda! I do remember how I got here." He mumbled. He dropped his feet of from the bed, trying, I guess, to recollect his memories. The little distance he put between us brought a chilling atmosphere that circled me, far off from him.

"You do huh? How about that now." I carried myself off from the bed,

"Will you just shut up! I'm only here because of your recklessness. How could you lock yourself up in the room knowing fully well that you had a phobia of storms. I seriously thought we had gone pass this suicidal stage."

"Oh please! Jared. I'm not suicidal and that was barely a downpour and I-" as I stood up from the bed, I felt the world spin in super fast mode and though it was broad daylight, it suddenly became dark. I reaches out for something, anything, just for support. I felt something soft, yet strong and muscular under my hand. A hand wrapped around my waist, supporting me firmly on my feet.

"Are you OK? Jesus! Can you ever be careful? Just sit down."

As I sat down. I felt a slight ache in lower part of my abdomen and gasped a little. Immediately, Jared rushed again and knelt in front of me,

"What happened? Are you alright?"

"I'm alright." I said in barely a whisper. I stole one long look at his expression. He looked, scared, concerned, and most importantly, he bore a look of genuine care. Not just because I was carrying his child. He slowly rubbed my little bump, then placed a gentle kiss on it. He took both my hands in his,

"Please be careful. I don't know what I'd do if anything happens to you."

Wait! Hold up!

He forgot to say 'or the baby'...

I waited a few seconds, for the part where he remembers he doesn't care about me but cares only about his baby but, it never came.

"Listen. I know it's hard, for you especially. It's hard for me too, mostly because I really don't know what I'm trying to do here, but I do know this; I want to be able to talk to you, I want you to be able to talk to me; I wish to be a part of your life. You just shut me out every time and I don't understand why."

"It's because I don't trust you. You want to control people not be a part of their lives!"

"Where did you get that from? I don't try to control anyone!"

"You hit your wife Jared! Because you couldn't control her,"

"That's not it! What I did was a mistake! I might get short tempered sometimes but it's never been in my habit to hit a woman!"

"But that just how it starts. With one mistake! I don't trust you Jared Shenko!"

He was caught off short and surprised. He adjusted himself, sat beside me on the bed, "why is that? I mean, you tell Sophia stuff. You trust her, don't you?"

"But you're not Sophia," as I said this, I thought about why I could easily trust Sophia but not her husband. Then horrible memories flooded in, together with the anger,

"I'm not Sophia? What's that suppose to mean?"

"You're not her! You're just not! You can not be her! You're like him!" I looked at Jared and almost fainted. At this point in time, I was no longer seeing a concerned Jared before my eyes, he was transitioning into my worst nightmare. I jumped away from away, "You're bad! You're evil!"

In front me was no longer Jared Shenko but someone I knew is no longer alive. He couldn't be! He died! He was gone and could no longer hurt me. But as I stared back at him, his dark blue and evil eyes glared back at me, punishing my soul from within.

"No! No no no!" I shrieked, jumping away from the man that caused me all the pain in the world, back into the bed. "This can not be happening! Its not real!" I clutched the sheets to myself, covering up as much as possible of me. It felt like a shield of protection, "My father! Please don't hurt me father! I'll be a good girl I promise."

"Maraïda! What are you saying?" I saw his hands reach out for me, in it was his waist belt and...

'Oh god! It was happening all over again!'

"Don't touch me Jared!!" I found myself screaming.