Goodbye kiss | Itachi x reader

Itachi's POV

I was walking with father toward dango shop, I've done my first mission successfully and as my reward he said he would buy me dango. As we walked together I take a look around, people were busy doing their things, a boy around Sasuke's age was crying because she wouldn't buy the toy he wanted, suddenly my father's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"So Itachi how was your mission?" He looked down at me, waiting for my answer.

I nodded my head, "It was good, but simple. I expected my first mission with my team be something more interesting " I answered honestly, not that I mind helping an old lady, but I rather go on missions with shisui.

"Oh really?" Father said with a chuckle. He placed his hand on my head. Suddenly I realized some men were surrounding a (h/c) haired little girl, I knew her she was (y/n), my classmate.

(Y/n) was shaking as the men around her start insulting her, my blood begins to boil, nobody will insult (y/n) on my watch.

3rd POV

Fugaku watched as Itachi raced toward the group, ofcourse he knew all of them, and the girl herself,  she was (y/n) (l/n), an orphan girl. Rumors said she had a dark power within her, that's why villagers hated her this much and would insult and harass her. It wasn't new nor (y/n) was the first person who has been treated like this, but what actually amused him was Itachi's reaction toward her, he never saw his son showing any interest in anything other than Sasuke and missions.

Itachi stands protectively in front of (y/n), shielding her small body. (Y/n) was surprised to see someone standing for her.

"I...Itachi-kun?!" She asked, not sure if it was a right thing to involve Itachi in her personal problems.

"Don't worry (y/n)-chan I'm gonna protect you" Itachi said firmly, he was determined. No one's gonna hurt his precious (y/n).

"Boss, he's from Uchiha clan" One of the men who recognized his clothes and forehead protector said backing away slowly.

"So what? He's only a brat protecting his girlfriend huh?" Their boss mocked. "Damn Uchihas, they're not that scary without their sharingan"

Itachi held his hand up showing his opponent that he was ready for fight.

"Excuse me gentlemen, do we have a problem here?"

All the group seemed to be froze in their places, the one who others called boss laughed nervously and said, "Oh...what a lovely surprise Fugaku-sama. Didn't expect to see you here, just teaching these brats their lessons" he said turning his head toward Itachi and (y/n).

"You mean my son and his friend?" Fugaku asked, motioning for Itachi and (y/n) to go.

"Your son?" The fat boss seemed pal and nervous.

Itachi used this time and take (y/n) hand draggin her with himself and away from the group.

Soon they were in Uchiha compound by the lake sitting on the edge of the bridge. (Y/n) held her head down, like she was ashamed.

"Sorry" she said quietly, still avoiding to look at the raven beside her.

"You shouldn't be sorry" Itachi replied, looking at sky. A soft breeze hitting his face. He looked at the female and sighed.

"Why don't you look at me?" He wasn't sure, was she sad? Angry? Or ashamed?

"Why did you help me? They won't stop harassing me ever, they hate me" She looked directly into his eyes. Her eyes glassy and her cheeks had a faint shade of pink. When she didn't received any response she started subbing into her hands.  Suddenly he found an incredible courage in his heart, he took (y/n)'s in his arms and took a deep breath.

"I promise (y/n)-chan, I'm going to protect you. When I active my sharingan no one would dare to lay a hand on you, cause you're important for me." He finished surprised by his sudden confession. Ofcourse he knew he was in love with (h/c) haired girl, but he wasn't sure if it was a wise decision to tell her now.

(Y/n)'s gripe on his shirt tightened, she wasn't crying anymore, but rather seemed to be deep in thoughts,

"I love you Itachi-kun" after what seemed like years she whispered against his chest.

Itachi's eyes widened, he hugged her tightly.

"I love you too"

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎(time skip🕰)

A few years later

"I'm sorry Itachi. As hokage I failed in my duties and you paid the prices" Third said, feeling guilty for Uchiha Masacar, now Itachi was a wanted criminal. When he saw Itachi was silent he sighed,

"Sasuke now hates you, what are going to do about that?"

"I can bare him hating me, this hatred hopefully will make him stronger, but..." he hesitate for a second,

"There's someone I can't bare her hatred toward me" his heart ached at the thought of his lover, who probably hated him after his terrible crime.

"I see... go to see her, but don't tell her the truth, it's for her own safety " third knew who exactly Itachi was talking about, it was the last thing he could do for this hero, seeing his love for the last time.

"Thank you my lord, please watch Sasuke and (y/n)"

"I do. I won't change village security code, you can come back and see Sasuke" and with that, Itachi was gone. Hokage started at the orange sky and inhaled deeply.

At top of a grassy hill, laid a beautiful girl, gazing at sky. She couldn't believe what Itachi had done, she would never believe it, she knew him better than everyone he was better than that,  killing his family and clan.

"(Y/n)" his voice ranged through her ears, she thought it was just her imagination till she heard him calling her again in his deep and loving voice.

She turned around, not sure what to do.

His eyes looked tired, and held to much pain in them. He slowly approached her, scared of her reaction. Suddenly (y/n) jumped in his arms and buried her face in his neck.

"Tell me it's just a nightmare. Tell me they're lying, it's just a misunderstanding, right?" She asked locking her eyes with his.

Itachi said nothing.

"It's not true, right?" Her voice cracked. She really hoped he would say she's right and he didn't have done all those horrible things.

"It's true" it was the only thing he said.

"Why?" Tears began to fall from her eyes.

"(Y/n)...I love you" he then leaned and kissed her possiantly, he wanted to show all of his love, all of his affection, all of his regrets in that kiss, a long goodbye kiss.

After they took apart Itachi smiled sadly and disappeared, there was only crows flying around in his spot.

"I love you too" (y/n) said quietly, knowing she's probably never going to see her lover ever again.