paper boat

IMPORTANT(You are 18 in this and there isn't exactly a set 'season' for this I'm just making my own twist, it's a little twist but I needed to put this in just in case you get confused later on )
3rd P.O.V~

Fiddling with the makeshift boat, Y/N waited for one to glide across the sea and into the lagoon. For months now, she has been sending little paper boat messages to someone over in ninjago. She didn't who it was but at least it was someone to talk to.

Amongst all of this, she has also been trying to make a little raft herself, to get off the island she was abandoned on. She was sick and tired of being alone and her paper boat pal was the the only thing that giving her hope, the only thing she wants when she leaves.

One thing she has noticed after being on this island after 18 years is how every month, one metre of the island sinks; Another reason she wanted to go.

But the last thing to consider was how it was too dangerous to cross the sea between her island and ninjago, how she manages to get and give messages, she doesn't know. So she knew it was either drown when the island sinks or drown in the cursed sea. And as the sea level gets higher and higher, her messages have become more desperate. So desperate that waiting for the messages were her main priority, even if her paper boat pal had missed 1 day of messages, she'd sit down and stare until the next day, no food and no sleep. But if she did get her message, she wouldn't have much food anyway. All there was left was one single strawberry bush and 2 trees.

Her island was almost gone and she knew that in a week, there was only going to be the top of the palm tree left. Her raft was almost done but several times during nights, she would wake up to the raft slowly drifting away, so she would jump in and grab it before it escaped the lagoon where she wouldn't ever be able to get it back.

But after staring at the small fish in her lagoon, something small and white came through. So she dashed towards it but obviously slowing down because the water kept pushing her away.

Taking hold of the boat, she went back to her little island and opened the soggy piece of A4. Seeing the writing made her calm down and relax against a tree, she sighed and went to reading.

Dear Y/N,

I've noticed how rushed your letters are. Don't worry, I'm trying my best to find you but we both know the cursed sea will tear me apart.
Me and my team are modifying our ship so we can get to you without being torn to shreds, you don't know how excited I am that we will finally meet after all this time. Hopefully we can get this done before your island sinks. If someone were to ask me what my mind set is right now, it would be to find you. I've never been so attached to a mission like this, let alone a person. So I want you to not give up on yourself, I'm not giving up on you, it's so important you do this, for me and for especially yourself. I want nothing more than to be with you, to hold you and tell you everything is alright. And as this letter is rushed, I'm currently trying to help with the modifying so that we can get to you sooner. For now though, I want you to have this necklace, it will help me find you, please.

~Your paper boat pal

Y/N turned the piece of paper around and found a gorgeous necklace taped to it. She gently pulled the tape off as to not ruin the paper for when she writes.

She holds it up to the sun and it glows, allowing her to see its full beauty.

(Would show a necklace but my stupid old tablet doesn't want me to)
(So I'm just gonna say that it was a jade doughnut shaped necklace with a golden dragon on it)

She eagerly put on the necklace as it glowed more, brightening her e/c eyes. She wasted no time and turned the paper and began to scribble with what she had left in her ball point pen.