Chapter 5 : The desease

Kate and Kevin were going along with each other , sharing care and affection and meeting from time to time .

But there's something was going on with Kate , she didn't know about it herself . But She wasn't feeling well  , she was suffering from a headache and pain inside her body all the time for a long period without knowing the reason , she used all kinds of medicines but she couldn't rid of this pain .

So she went to the doctor and you'll be surprised by this but : Kate has cancer , blood cancer , she was unlucky because she figured out this after a long period from feeling the symptoms .

It was like a crush that hits Kate right over her head . Kate was so surprised till she lost conscience , she couldn't even speak . Then , she falled on her knees and cried so hard , thinking that this is too much for her and she can't handle it because it's the worst thing that could happen to any human being .

Then , she tried to keep herself strong and back home . Her relation with her family wasn't so deep , she didn't tell anybody .

She just spent a week inside her room sleeping all day long as she never talked to anyone , even Kevin , she ignored his calls and messages , he was so worried about her because she suddenly stopped talking to him without a reason .

He knew that there's something was going on with Kate but he couldn't figure out what is it . He called her about million times and she didn't answer , she was too upset to the point that she preferred to die now before the desease takes her .

Her mind was about to explode , she was lost on her thoughts , she still young , a high school student who will graduate in a year then she will achieve her dreams , but now there's no more dreams .

All what she was thinking about is death , she didn't expected it , she planned for her future step by step and then all what she gets is this ?

Kate was blaming herself for , no reason , trust me no one wants to be in her situation but that's God's plan .

So after all the thinking , Kate picked up the phone and talked to Kevin , she told him that she wants to see him immediately .

Kevin came and they met , he noticed that she's suffering from something , her face was so tired , her eyes were telling that she's not getting enough sleep , her lips were so dry and her hair was messy .

She's not the girl that Kevin knew , she didn't care about anything but she cared only for Kevin's feelings , Kate was silent for a short time , then she said that she want to confess about something important and she wants him to be understanding .

He was focusing on every word that Kate was saying , then , Kate said :
- Listen Kevin , I'm sorry because I ignored you for a week , but that's for a reason , you're not guilty but it seems that I have blood cancer , I was suffering from pain a few weeks ago , I didn't give it attention I thought that it's a normal thing and I'll get back like usual in a few weeks even I took headache medicaments . But obviously it's more serious and dangerous I went to the doctor and I discovered that I'm sick " , she said that with tears in her eyes , her voice was so week .

Kevin was surprised by the tragic news , he was so confused even more than her , he didn't know what to say or what to do , he just stayed silent a little bit staring at her face and every detail of her because the ugly truth that they can't run from it or change it is that they're going to lose each other .

Kate didn't told anybody but Kevin but then she made her decision and told her family and friends too .

She didn't want to lose time , the clock is ticking , she wanted to spend the last period of her life around the people that she love specially Kevin .

Kevin was faithful , he was always by her side , he promised her that he will love her till the end , he was so hurted , he wanted her to be with him all the time and he was dreaming to marry her after they graduate , but unfortunately the world is not a wish maker .

He got upset every time he saw her getting sick more and more , it was hard for both of them to see each other suffering . Kate was suffering from the desease and Kevin was suffering from the self issues , those issues was caused because of the sadness that he felt because what was happening to Kate .

It was hard for him to see her that way but in front of her he was pretending that every thing is okay so she can feel better . Sometimes we do our best to hide our pain in front of people we love to try not making them feel more upset , we take the pain and feel it  instead of them just to put a smile on their tired sad faces and then we become heroes , real human beings ...

It's true that Kate was dead from the inside , because everything in her life was falling apart , she will die , that hurts specially when the thought of not making her dreams come true , and not achieving her goals including marrying to Kevin , working her future job , travelling with her Bestfriends ... None of these dreams will come true . that made her cry all night long in her room while everyone was sleeping .

Her family was hurted as much as her , it's a kind of pain that we can't describe , we can only feel it .

But we have to be satisfied with god's choice , everyone have a choice from god and Kate was confident about that . That's why she relieved herself and just get enough of everything , waiting for her moment to come .

That wasn't easy but she could handle it at the end , because she was convinced that she can't change that . Blood cancer doesn't have a cure so she explored every moment of her life with Kevin and her family and friends who were in much pain . Of course it's hard to lose a person that you love and care about , but that's life , life is not always fair and Kate doesn't has much time to live , she was silent all the time , she couldn't eat or sleep thinking how bad death can be .