Monsters in the closet

"Hello little brother!"

The world comes to him in bits and pieces. Stinging, burning and blistering pain follows. Blood drips on his lashes in thick, heavy drops of sticky darkness as they flutter open. The first face that comes into focus is of his brother - contorted with malice as his hand fists into his hair, tugging upwards until his vision is filled with the burning hatred in his eyes.

"Wook..." So groans, the word punctured with a puff of blood. His lungs burn at the effort as if he had stayed underwater for hours without breaking the surface. "I should have known."

"Of cause - you should have known..." His assent is followed by a knee to his solar plexus that sends him backwards in to the freezing ground. The sickly crunch and the blood that fills his mouth stills him for a moment. The ceiling above is yellowed with time and crisscrossed with cobwebs. Wook continues to talk just as he soaks up the details of his surrounding - something locked behind the deepest corner of his mind unlocking itself. He has been here before.

"You should have known I am not your plaything - not this time around. You can't give her to me and take her back whenever you please - no brother - you can't!"

His limbs feel heavy as lead, unheeding to his commands. With great effort he rolls off, avoiding the next strike aimed at him and the attempt is rewarded with maniacal laughter. "Oh yes, how does that feel exactly? Being unable to lift a finger in your defence? Not very pretty I assume - I used to hate it. When you did the very same thing to me."

It clicks slowly, the possibility of the impossible. When their faces come close again and the derailed Wook, breathes down at him the words of conformation.

"I'd rather had you kill me - the man who snatched my throne and my woman."

"You -" he rasps, feeling more and more like a rug doll in Wook's hand as the time passes. "You remember?"

"Yes..." He hisses in his ear, tugging at his hair until the pain cuts through his head injury and curls somewhere deep in his brain. "That is exactly why I decided to improvise your ending." He releases his grip, letting him fell face first into the freezing ground. "You see brother, Omma wants you dead. She has a nice replacement in mind for you - a man who had lived in shadows for years. He could come out wearing your skin now. Only your father has been thwarting her since he got the winds of her plan for revenge. A long story - but you are too hard to replace with all your glory."

There is another wet crunch as he kicks and So's eyes snap open.
"Wake up!" He continues irked. "How dare you sleep while I'm talking?" Another kick, that makes him cough up blood. "So yeah - first we had to strip that off. Most of things your daddy dearest kept you away from - are you even aware what's up with your public image little brother?"

His mind is blinded with pain, the inability to defend himself but still Wook's words bring about recollections of almost scandals he had avoided over the time. Even the alleged doping incident did not turn into a stain -

"Because of your father! He has a nice way of wrapping it all up, wiping your record clean - his star athlete son! All to save your worthless skin - from the burn of his own sins. So yeah - once your career was dealt with she wanted you out of the way. Sad - because I won't let you die so easily." With the sole of his shoe crushing between his collar bones, pressed against his wind pipe hard enough to make him choke, Wook peers down at him - his eyes gleaming in a delirious red as he gargles for air. "It is me returning a thousand year old favor - brother. You won't die until you see how everything is snatched from you - one by one, starting from beloved Ha Jin..." He chuckles - a poisonous dark sound and presses harder. "Mu... Yo... every one of them - and the funny thing is you will be blamed for it all. I'll keep you alive little brother -" he eases the pressure and sighs. "Until you beg me. Oh how the times have turned - soon I'll have you begging me - brother!"