Chapter 5

*PETER*

3:15. That asshole is 15 minutes late to the meeting that he suggested.

It took another 15 minutes for Harley to walk into the library looking out of breath and frazzled.

"You're late" was all I could say.

"Yeah sorry I got uh held up"

"Whatever. Let's just practice the presentation and then we can get out of here"

"Fine."

It took another 10 minutes for the slideshow to set up and after what seemed like the longest 10 minutes of my life our presentation was finally rehearsed and ready.

"Hey peter?"

"What"

"Can I get you a coffee or something to make up for being late"

Wait he wasn't asking me on a date or something was he. Sure Harley was cute but I hate him. He's a total jerk.

Before I could say anything, however, he quickly added "not like a date or even two friends getting coffee. I still don't like you. I just feel guilty I made you wait."

To tell you the truth I have no idea what made me say yes but the next thing I knew I was sitting in his car heading to a coffee shop while he blasted random country music.

"So, peter, who's your favorite super hero?" he asked as we were trying (and failing) to make small talk.

Well that was an easy question and I probably answered a little too quickly and had a slight blush.

"Iron lad of course. He's definitely the coolest"

"Really? I'm more of a Spidey fan"

Spidey. I smiled a bit to myself. It makes me feel all warm inside when iron lad calls me that.

It's probably a common nickname for spider-man anyways.

"Really?"

"Yeah it's cool how he's a New York guy and stuff." And then Harley quickly and suspiciously added "not that I'm saying iron lad isn't from New York. Because I don't know who he is or where he's from or anything"

"Um yeah. Of course"

That wasn't suspicious at all.

"Right I've got to go" and then he grabbed his coat and left.

Asshole. Ditched me with no ride home.

(a/n whoops I've been of vacation and haven't updated. This chapter is extra trash cuz I wrote it at 11 at night)