Chapter 1

"Mum, do I have to go all summer?" My sister, Kenzie, complains over dinner.

The three of us, my mum, my sister and me are sitting at the table in our dining room, the night before Kenzie and I are supposed to fly down to Upstate New York for horseback riding camp.

Since I turned eighteen this year, I'm old enough to be a counselor and experienced enough to be a riding instructor.

"Yes, honey. But your sister will be your tent counselor and she'll look after you." My mother shoots me a 'make sure you do what I just said' look. I roll my eyes as my mother looks away from me and back at Kenzie. "And you'll have Daisy," she says, referring to my sister's horse. "You'll be fine, honey," she adds.

I spread butter on my roll and once again, roll my eyes.

"Have you finished packing, London?" My mother asks, ignoring my second eye roll in five minutes. "Yeah."

What about you, Kenzie?" She asks my thirteen year old sister. "I finished this morning," she answers.

A few minutes later we all finish eating, then we clear the table and wash the dishes. I hug my mum before following Kenzie up the stairs.

I walk into my room, which leads to my bathroom and I brush my teeth before sitting down on my bed.

I plug my phone in and look at my lock screen, which is a picture of me with two of my horses, Grappa and Nimmy.

I smile at it, excited the two of them and my other horses are coming with me to camp. I don't think I'd be able to make it three months without them.