Chapter 2

My alarm goes off at 9 the next morning. I jump out of bed and rush into my bathroom. I brush my teeth and hair before putting it up in a ponytail.

I throw a pair of shorts on and a t-shirt. I grab my converse from my closet, which I purposely did not pack so I could wear them today. I grab socks from my drawer and put them on. I unplug my phone and grab the charger, despite me having three others packed.

I also grab a few books and put them in my backpack, along with my phone and charger. I also grab my portable charger in case I'm out and my phone dies.

I put my toothbrush, toothpaste, my hairbrush and mouthwash into a baggie and stick it in my bag as well. I take my last not packed sweatshirt from my closet and put it on.

I don't know what it is about sweatshirts, I just love them so much.

I also grab treats off my desk for the horses, since I know they're going to be grumpy with the long trailer ride ahead of them.

I head downstairs into the kitchen, where my mum is standing by the stove flipping a pancake.

"Morning!" I greet her. Kenzie is sitting at the counter, already eating. I hug my mother and sit by Kenzie. "You excited, Kenz?" I ask. "Yeah," she answers.

Half an hour later the three of us are on our way to mine and Kenzie's stable where we board our horses, about five minutes from our house.

I jump out of the car and head inside towards Nimmy's stall, which is closest to the entrance.

I open it up and step inside. He's laying down but immediately lifts his head up when he sees me.

"Morning, Nim!" I say as I take a peppermint from my bag and feed it to him. He chomps it loudly and I sit down next to him on the floor of his stall.

I hug him for a few minutes before standing up and slipping his halter on him. I lead him out of his stall and quickly groom him, pick his feet and pat him.

I lead Nimmy onto the trailer after the man who was supposed to do it couldn't get him to move.

I silently laugh and make my way over to Grappa's stall. "You up, Grapes?" I ask, slipping in through his stall door with a halter in my left hand. He stands up and walks over to me.

Well, as much as he can in a stall. I pat him on the back before giving him a sugar cube, since for some reason he doesn't like peppermints.

I slip his halter on him after he finishes his sugar cubes, (I gave him three), and groom him, pick his feet and lead him outside to the trailer. I bring him onto it and kiss his neck before leaving him alone for the long drive to New York.