Chapter 3

After bringing Nimmy and Grappa onto the trailer, I lead Jaguar, Autumn, Tigger, Pluto, Thumper, Bambi, Berlin, Donald and Alice on, the stable hands manage to get the rest of our horses into our trailers.

Kenzie and I don't own Donald or Alice, my aunt does. it's just the owner of the camp, my aunt, doesn't want them to be cooped up over the winter since she no longer rides, so she has us take the horses home with us for the fall, winter and spring months.

I walk around the barn and find Kenzie sitting in the tack room packing up the last of her stuff.

"Need some help?" I ask. She looks up and nods so I walk over.

I grab her trunk and help her haul it to our car, then we go back for mine.

Within ten minutes, after saying goodbye to the horses, we leave the barn and drive straight to the airport.

When we arrive, my mum gets out of the car and hugs me and Kenzie. Kenzie hands her phone to mum with an eye roll, since campers are not allowed to bring their phones to camp.

Counselors, however, can. I promise Mum that I'll call her whenever I can and hug her again.

Kenzie and I haul our bags to the check in part of the airport and I give them my name and we show them our passports, since we're flying from London (where we live), to the United States.

Kenzie shows hers too, and within an hour (2 hours before the flight) we've passed though security with my backpack and hers.

I remember my promise to text Mum after we've made it though security, so I pull my phone out from my back pocket and text, "made it out of security."

Within a minute, my phone dings and I glance at it. "Okay, text me before you take off. miss you two already xx". I show the text to Kenzie and she smiles.

"I'm hungry." Kenzie says about ten minutes later. "Okay, lets eat, then," I say, standing up and walking towards the cafe across from our gate.