Fate

"They've done what's right by them, can't expect more than that

"They've done what's right by them, can't expect more than that..."

Robin snapped her eyes open, snapping out of her reverie. She automatically gazed up at the wooden ceiling. She was dreaming of Jack, dreaming of the last words he spoke before Norrington locked him up once more.

Robin sat up from the plush mattress she laid across on at the apparent household of hers and Will's. Will had dragged her back home to get some much needed rest. Robin had to admit, it felt great to be on solid ground and to actually feel clean and not smell like sweat and fish.

Her hands lingered up to her hair to touch the finally silky locks, her arms automatically cramped up in soreness. "Way too much fun." She muttered before jumping out of bed and heading for a nearby closet filled with clothes that somehow seemed to fit her perfectly.

"Robin!" Will barged in just as she laced up her boots. He was dressed in nice clothing, with a red cloak over his shoulders and a hat with a rather large feather was laid on the top of his head. "Good, you're ready!"

"Ready?" Robin questioned before her eyes widened in realization, "Jack."

Will gave her a curt nod, "They're starting soon."

Robin raced past him, grabbed a sword and sheath and headed for the door, "I guess this adventure isn't quite over yet."

Will smiled, "Of course not." He then pulled out a hat from behind his back and laid a similar it upon her head, though it was black instead of gray like his and the feather was maroon.

Robin grinned happily as she gave a small tilt to the hat, "Well c'mon then!"

They raced towards the town square where Norrington had been promoted in the beginning; the loud hum of the drums was already being played. A large crowd of people surrounded a stage that held a mantel with a rope hanging from it, the end of the rope laid around Jack's neck. Robin tensed at the sight but moved through the crowd as swiftly as she could with Will on her heels.

"That crimes being numerous in quantity and sinister in nature." A guard was reading loudly to the crowd, Robin barely paid attention to his words for she peered up at Jack the entire time.

"Stay here." She heard Will whisper to her, she didn't respond as he headed for Elizabeth.

Robin tilted her hat up to get a better view. Unfortunately for her the sun took this as a chance to blind her for half a second. When she recovered from seeing a rainbow of lights her eyes locked onto the dark pair that she finally realized were a magnificent shade of brown.

Jack had been smiling at something the speaker was saying and as he looked down into the crowd, they locked eyes. His amusement changed into surprise and Robin couldn't help but grin at his recognition.

Her eyes only peeled away from his when she heard a familiar SQWACK over by the guards. She glanced their way and saw Cotton's parrot. 'Of course.'