(1.12) Trapped

I reacted quickly, throwing my hands up and shoving a few of the guards down. Hopper pulled his gun, and held Joyce behind him. The sound of ice crackling echoed through the sky on every breath I took. The faint glow of blue filled the area, I lifted my hand, pointing it at the man nearest to me and willing it to shoot out. The man froze in his tracks, icicles dripping from his gun.

"Hands up! Hands up!" A soldier shouted, the click of a gun alerting me of which one. I did ask he asked, lifting my hands into the air letting a blast shoot out to the man.

He suffered the same fate of his friend.

A gunshot went off. I heard Joyce scream, and felt the world turn and twist. Pain flared from my stomach, and I fell backwards. Hands caught me, large hands that belonged to Hopper. He was shouting, but I couldn't hear it over the sound of the blood rushing through my ears.

I never fell asleep.

Through the rough hands handling me, and the shouting from Hopper. The ride in the back of a locked van, my head in Joyce's lap, and Hopper's hands on my stomach trying to stop the bleeding. Hopper wouldn't let me go, even when the doctors tried to pull me from him. He punched a few, which resulted in him getting knocked away.

They stitched me up easily, and then I was back in the one room I hoped to never be in again. The cuffs of metal wrapped around my wrists, and my wings pinned together painfully behind me. I screamed soundlessly, pulling as hard as I could on my wrists. The movement jarred the gunshot wound and I cried shamelessly. The tears rolled down my face, fear setting in at the fact that I may never leave here again.

It was cold as always, and white. I called for Hopper, for Joyce, for Steve, no words left my mouth but I screamed anyways. I heard a crack, a loud crack, and it took me a long time to realize that it was my hand. I had pulled so hard that the bones in my hands broke into pieces. The pain was like nothing I had ever felt, but I ignored it to the best I could. I slipped my hand from the cuff, mouthing the word 'fuck' like Steve would do when something was scary.

I did my best to set the hand on top of the other cuff, willing ice and snow to shatter the cuff. It followed my instructions easily and once I was free I sank to the floor, cradling my hand to my chest. I sat like this for a long time, just breathing and trying to call down. My hand throbbed with every heart beat but I pushed my self to my feet.

I set my right hand on the door handle, and slowly breathed in and out. I felt the cold spread from my fingers the longer it sat on the handle, and then with little effort the handle broke off and fell to the floor with a echoing sound. I slowly opened the door and peaked my head out to look around the hall. I could hear voices in the distance, but I didn't care as I ran into the hallway and down around the right as quickly as I could.

I stretched my mind as far as it could go, brushing over the subconscious of every individual in the building before locking on Hopper. His is different from the rest, the others live in some veil of vague truth and acceptance, but Hopper had none of that. His mind was full of anger and unbridled curiosity.

He was yelling when I found his mind. Which if anything made it easier to find it, and when I found the room he was in, he was in the process of leaving it. Hopper was seething with anger, and Joyce was beside him, less angry but still at least a little bit. When they saw me Joyce yelled, but it wasn't like an angry yell, but a sad one. She ran at me, pulling me into a hug like when I hugged Steve.

It hurt, bad, every injury from the past few days seemed to be jarred in this one movement. Hopper came over too, standing in between me and someone I couldn't see. When Joyce pulled back, she held me at arms length and smiled softly, little bits of tears falling from her eyes. Her eyes fell to the hand cradled at me chest, and when she reached out to touch it she stopped when I pulled back.

"It's okay," She rubbed her hands up and down on my shoulder, before grabbing my right hand and getting ready to walk. "We're going to get Will."

"Not with him. Patient Zero is staying here for further testing and possible," the man pauses, and I realize who is speaking, "extermination."

I didn't know what that meant, but Hopper did, and he didn't like it at all. Hopper stormed forward, grabbing the man and slamming him against the wall in an aggressive manner. He spoke lowly, but his words still seemed to echo.

"The boy comes with me. You don't not touch him, you do not threaten him ever again." I couldn't hear the last of it, because Hopper leaned closer and whispered it into his ear.

When he pulled back the man looked terrified, and Hopper look happy at it. He walked towards me, looking me up and down, before moving behind me and grabbing my wings lightly. I heard the spinning of gears, and the clicking of pieces of metal, and suddenly I could move my wings again. They fell down, the bottoms resting on the ground next to me, and I smiled in thanks to Hopper.

The doctor that Hopper terrorized led the way down the hallway, and we followed him into a room. Once in, he handed us white suits, Hopper and Joyce pulled there's on but I didn't. Shaking my head repeatedly when Hopper and Joyce each tried to pull it on me. I put my right hand on my chest, and breathed in deeply, before letting it out slowly.

Hopper shook his head annoyed, but accepted my response. He still grabbed an extra mask and air just in case I needed it. No matter how many times I tried to tell him I didn't.

We entered the Upside Down.