Grace (Cashton)

(Song is Grace by Bebe Rexha, unedited I literally finished writing this two minutes ago. Feel free to imagine it's canon and do a 'try not to cry' challenge. You're welcome, enjoy.)

Ashton knew as soon as things started with Calum that they wouldn't end well. Calum wanted it so badly, so he treated Ashton so damn right. That was what made it so hard for Ashton to leave. There's nothing wrong with Calum, Ashton knew he was a damn good guy. That didn't change Ashton's initial inkling that this wasn't right.

Calum had everything glamorous. Ashton did too, but Calum looked like a star. He spoiled Ashton, bought him everything he could ever want. Ashton sometimes cried, he felt Calum was too good for him. Ashton's mother raised him to not lie, he couldn't lie for very long.

There's nothing Ashton hated more than the look on Calum's face when he said he had to stop lying. Ashton wanted to stay. He really, really did. Wanting it couldn't fix the fact that their hearts existed in different spaces. Their hearts couldn't align and that meant Ashton had no choice but to break Calum's. He wish he could do it with grace.

Calum wanted it and Ashton didn't want to end it but Ashton still knew Calum would be alright. Calum was always going to be alright. He would move on, find someone else. He would find someone who was there, wasn't lying or wasting his time. Ashton knew that. But every time Calum gave Ashton a look, his body over took and Ashton thought 'one more night will be okay'. Ashton never wanted to end up with Calum all over again, he only came back for another goodbye.

Calum loved Ashton with his everything. There wasn't anything more Calum could have done, he was perfection. That broke Ashton's heart, made him cry -because he knew he had to tell the truth.

Ashton hated the look of devastation he created, wished he could take it back. He knew he couldn't, couldn't make their hearts coexist. He needed to break Calum's heart with grace, he felt he owed at least that much to him.

There's nothing Ashton hated more than the look on Calum's face when he said he had to stop lying. Ashton wanted to stay. He really, really did. Wanting it couldn't fix the fact that their hearts existed in different spaces. Their hearts couldn't align and that meant Ashton had no choice but to break Calum's. He wish he could do it with grace.

A/N: hopefully you liked this, I loved writing it even though it's sad. Send me requests I love requests!

-GW xo