Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Ten years later....

Augustus

It was 9'o clock in the morning. A knock at the door disturbed my attention on the file which required my immediate perusal. "Sir, I would like to remind you that you have a meeting with the department heads within ten minutes." My secretary informed. Giving her one final nod I close the file in my hands. Taking swift long strides I close the buttons of my grey suit and walk in sovereignty to reach the conference hall where all the company's department heads were already seated.

As I root myself at the head of the table, my eyes scroll at the people positioned under various heads. I take one stern look at the man seated in front of me and push the file across the table towards him. "John what would you like to say about this? Our company's accounts are being hacked and we lost 20 million dollars since last eight years." He swallowed. "Sir, we are trying to find this out but ...... "I do not want any ifs and buts." I cut him short. "There is no place for weak and incompetent people in my company. You are fired." I bring out my lines in authority. John flinches under my words and immediately scurries out of the room.

My gaze then shifts to the rest of the people seated. Crossing my legs my right leg leasurely rested over my left knee. I push my chair back leaning over it as I tap my pen on the table. Examining each one of the executives seated at the conference hall I let out my voice in precision. "I give all of you a weak time. Hammer out the person behind this." I point to the file placed on the table. "And if you don't come out with a justifiable conclusion," I pause and utter my next words low in browbeat. "I am not as benevolent as my dad." Saying those menacing words, I leave the conference hall without sparking a second glance at my employees.

....................

Augustus Martin, the most puissant, cold hearted, arrogant businessman of New York and the most searched after billionaire bachelor. He is mighty, preeminent and insanely attractive. Like an acclaim for his indomitable looks, woman swoon for his arresting body. Yet as cold as an ice that he is, a lassie is nothing but a relishing means in his dictionary. He is stamped heartless, austere and insensitive playboy. Nonetheless given a chance to warm his bed the girls are ready to take numbers and stand in the hit list.

..............

It was five in the evening and a weekend. Everybody in the office packed up and left but the 'monarch' still stays in his office being the workaholic that he is and a true business man. After around ten in the night, he groans hearing his friend blow curses in his phone. Knotting the buttons of the suit, he takes swift strides reaching the door of exit. The guard bows to him bidding good night. He nods to him as a form of courtesy and walks to his Buggati Veyron putting the engine on fire.

Few minutes later he was completely ready. His friend invited him to his club which was a few miles away. Showered and dressed with a cool look of black jeans, blue T.Shirt, he sets the Rolex on his wrist and was all set to go but before that......

Of all the emotions that he can feel,

Love is the scariest and hardest to deal.

Opening the bottom most drawer of his closet in the bedroom he stares ones again at the pink handkerchief resting. In one corner of the embroidered hanky were letters printed in simple black "ANGELICA"

Augustus Martin, the most charming, handsome billionaire of the world.

But the mogul's heart only beats for his childhood love 'the blue eyed belle' Angelica Evans.

Putting the hanky back in its place he lifts the phone to his ears. "Send a bouquet of red roses to the address I messaged you with a note 'Happy Birthday MY LOVE' and remember not to stick my name at the back of the card."

Shutting down the phone he closes his eyes and takes a long breathe recollecting the sweet memory which happened years back.

Those beautiful ocean blue orbs
Can make my world stop

She's pure as sunshine

Mellow my soul like an aged wine

Her brown shreds

That makes my heart thud

Like a fallen cherub that she is

'My Angel' indeed that she is

She is the most charming pristine angel he had ever laid his eyes on. Taking a look at her friend beside a smile blossoming on her pink lips and she jumps into the little pool of mud water. Her eyes, a mixture of pure innocence and naughtiness as she does her mischevious little deed. Resting beside was a purple coloured bag from which she pulles a candy when her hanky inside the bag falls to the ground.

Since the first glimpse of her 'the sovereign' has left no stone unturned to bring his beauty back to his life.

Stopping the car in front of the club he throws the keys to the chauffeur hopping inside. His friend was already waiting for him at the bar. Both of them exchange some business. A while later a woman comes swaying her hips and he was more than ready to release his frustrations as he pulls the woman's lips to his and draws her to a private room.

Yet another copulating night to pass by in the beast's life awaiting for his Angel.