Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Angelica

Seeing my dad's stationary form I yell for the hospital staff right from the place I was situated. Within seconds a group of 6-7 doctors stream my dad's room accompanied by attendants. I was immediately walked to the exit by one of the nurses. My stance lay static unable to decipher on what just happened. The air goes constricted in my chest area. My breath becomes heavy in fraction of seconds. As I try to regain my pulse, my eyes start to get hazy. Trying to walk quicker, I hold the hand rest of a sofa nearby and drop myself on to it. A nurse around in a stroll quickly takes a note of my condition and hands me a glass of water. After taking a few gulps I stabilize myself and slightly smile at the nurse thankful for her timely help.

Was that a panic attack that I had?

After a few minutes one of the doctor exists from my dad's room. I take a note of his presence and quickly raise myself with trembling legs to reach him. He gives me a slight smile and pats my shoulder. "That was almost close but one more attack of such a kind..." He shakes his head. "Doctor, please don't complete that sentence. I urge him."  I will arrange the money by any means and get a lung transplant done to my dad at the earliest." I tell him with determination in my voice. He nods his head and pats my back. "All the best to you...."

Sitting on the sofa for a few more minutes, my optics land on the news paper placed on the glass table across. An advertisement on the top of the paper caught my attention. Immediate requirement of a surrogate mother for a top Italian Billionaire. I do a happy dance mentally. Is this an indication from the Almighty, for a recovery of all my problems?

I quickly take a note of the phone number given along with the address and call the label. Taking one more look at my dad's resting form I do a silent player. "Dad thanks for staying stronger for me. I will come back soon to meet you with the money required for your operation."

What a strange game was the destiny playing with me? I never had a boy friend in my life and not once was I married yet after a few months I would be carrying the child of a man about whom I have the least idea of. The identity of the billionaire will be kept a secret from me as per the contract.

Minutes later I was in my car all set to drive to my destination. I would receive half of the money that is two million dollars after signing the contract on surrogacy and the remaining half will be delivered after giving birth to the child.

Looking at the rear view mirror I could see a red Lamborghini following me from distance. It was the same car which came after while I was reaching the hospital. Am I being trailed by? Brushing away the stray thoughts I concentrate on reaching my destination. This is the time to rejoice and not to start getting worried. I boost my morale to stay positive.

Suddenly the red car follows close and over takes my engine to stop a few feet ahead, obstructing my path. I put a sudden break and halt my vehicle in panic. What was that? Am I going to be kidnapped? Oh God of all the things happeneing to me... Not now please....

Seconds later a fuming Augustus gets out of the vehicle and walks to me with a smoulder. He pulls me out of the car in fury with his stance going ferocious. My body begins to tremble at his grating semblance. "What were you just going to do? Sign in a surrogacy contract with the Italian billionaire Mark Robinson?

I look at him in shock and stutter in terror. "I...I...do not know who he is. The identity of the person was not disclosed to me." His eyes were going wild with raging ferocity. "You thought you will cry your eyes out sitting beside me in the car, and I will fold my hands and watch the show not doing anything? I followed you to the hospital." He affirms leaning to his car while crossing legs. I gulp inaudible controlling my fear. What a sexy fearsome specimen is this man!

For a moment there was pin drop silence between both of us. He was looking straight into my eyes as though boring holes through my soul. His arms were now folded with his biceps bulging out of his dress shirt and a light stubble was visible escalating his masculinity. I lick my lips controlling my carnal instincts. He is indeed a handsome monster.  "That doctor who saved your father from death clutches was actually a friend of mine. Both of us passed out from the same university and the nurse who took care of you when you were dropping unconscious was my employee."

Pointing a finger at me he asks in a burning ire. "Why would you hide your dad's illness from me? Am I not enough capable of taking care of your problems? I helped you in every way possible in the past but you are too stubborn and secretive. You hide things from me. Why?" He asks in agony and waits for my response but I give him no reply.

He doesn't owe an answer from me. He treats me like some trash beside the road. I fear him and hate him with all my existence. He is the person responsible for bringing my family to a state of insolvency and still had the guts to reprimand answers.

Augustus Martin I am powerless to retort because I live under your mercy but I hate you with passion for everything you did to me.

"Fuck! Say something." He fists his hand and hits the body of the car which forms in an immediate dent. I jump on my feet shaking in terror but stay mute though I want to scream and say I loathe him with delight. He halts for a second evaluating my dreading features. "Come with me we are not done yet." He inclines in subtle softness and pulls me to his car.

An hour later...

Augustus's house

I was seated on the sofa of an extravagant living hall. A few seconds later there arrives a maid with a glass of water. I accept the humane wave most wilfully as my throat was already burning with thirst. Minutes later Augustus gets down the stairs showered and neatly dressed in a blue T-Shirt and grey pants. He stations in front of me turning the pages of a file sedulous in studying its contents. I immediately get up from the sofa wiping the sweat out of my face. Now what is he upto? Is my torture not going to have an end? Why did he bring me to his house?

"Did you eat anything?" His eyes halt from reading the file and connect with mine. His voice was now tender and filled with concern. I was already dying with hunger and shake my head as my stomach was rambling for food.

"Martha" he calls for his maid and within minutes the table was set with varieties of mouth watering dishes. After we finish the meal I follow him to the study and he places the file in front of me which he was studying a while ago.

"Marry me for two years and your dad's health will be taken care of."