|Four|

"Mama he is not picking my calls and it's getting to a month now" Sophie worriedly said as she dialed his number again.

"Oh please and so what?So what if he doesn't call you? Just know that one thing is for sure,so long as he doesn't come to get you by himself,you are not going back"her mom declared,seriously she was getting annoyed at the situation.

Well it's been a month since they came back from Dubai and Imam is yet to call nor visit. At first she vowed not to call him until he calls,but here she is worried sick. Anytime she makes up her mind to go back,her mom always finds a way to make her do the latter. Her daughter is not a commodity you buy and then dump-according to her philosophy but not knowing she was only digging their graves as Imam has shocking news in store for them.

"Gaskiya Mama I'm tired. Remember I have a daughter and who knows her condition as we speak" Sophie said trying to reason with her mother.

"Daughter? Sannu mai daughter. You're also someone's daughter" her mother said as she switched the channel to Telemundo.

"All I know is that I'll be going back to my husband's house whether he comes to get me or not" she declared as she walked out of the living room stamping her feet while mumbling.

As soon as she reached her room,she started to pack her clothes making a decision to leave the following day. While she was at it,Maryam her younger sister walked into her room.

"Sophie,what are you doing?"She first questioned.

Sophie glared at her for a while before she returned her gaze to what she was doing before.

"What does it look like I'm doing? Packing of course,ne na gaji(I am tired)"

Maryam was only able to sigh before she spoke.

"You've made the right decision, and I wish you all the best. Let me help you" And with that,the sisters finished in no time.

*****

Meanwhile Imam was in his mother's room doing what he did best,which is staring at his daughter who is peacefully sleeping. The little girl has gone through a lot in just a span of two months. He so misses his wife,but he was still trying to test her.

"Imam? Imam? Imam?" His mom called out which brought him out of his reverie.

"What is wrong with you? I've been calling your name for a while now. Kazo kasa yarinya ah gaba da kallo" his mom said.

He was only able to smile as he placed her back in her cradle.

"Anyways,you haven't told me what transpired during your visit" his mom said yet again.

About the meeting his father set up,well let's just say... okay at the end,they all got on the same page.

Flashback...
As Imam,his father and uncle descended from the car,they made way into the house where they were met with four men which were Sophie's father and her two older brothers as well as her mother's brother.After they exchanged all sorts of pleasantries,they went back to what brought them.

"Assalamualaikum" his uncle Bashir said which was answered by all members present.

"Well we are here concerning the issue of your daughter Sophie and our son here Imam" Bashir said gesturing to Imam.

"There was a misunderstanding and it's almost getting to three months now with no signs of her,and that's what we are here for" he added.

"Actually- Salisu whom is Mama's brother started but was cut short by Sophie's father Alhaji Umaru.

"Salisu? Yi mun shiru(keep quiet) First of all I have heard what you said,but the question is when they were getting married,did you come to me? You didn't and I was just a guest at my daughter's wedding,so I don't know why you came to me" he stated.

"First of all,we would like to apologize about that,but in my defense when we came to ask for her hand in marriage,we were told that the father abandoned his daughters and so we were directed to her mother's brothers which Salisu here is a witness to that" this time around,it was Alhaji Waziri that spoke.

" That's not a reason,and mind you,it's also a stupid one,but that's by the way.Then I have nothing to say to you. You might as well as go to the people whom married her off" Alhaji Umaru said as he was about to stand,but was held by one of his sons.

"Baba,the deed has been done. All we need to do now is sit and resolve this issue".

... End of flashback.

"And so the father said he'll talk to her" Imam narrated to his mother. Just then Huda walked in as she carried a wailing Maya.

"You don't have to Huda,let me feed her" his mom said.

"No Ammiey,after all it's my job" she said as she made her exit.

"Huda is really hardworking. I spoke to her and I really admire her" Ammiey said

"Hmm" was the only sound Imam was able to make,he doesn't know what his mom is implying.All he could think about was his wife,how he wished she was with him and then their daughter,they would be a happy family.

"I have noticed that you always blackout of every conversation" Ammiey said. "Is it about Safiya?"she added.

"Ammiey I think I have to go,because we have a board meeting at eight" he announced as he stood up and placed a kiss on Maya.

Ammiey was only able to chuckle as she knew her son in and out. "Imam kenan" She said as she shook her head.

On his way back home,all he could think of was Sophie. He wonder why he was so unlucky to have a wife like her,all his friends whom are married always talk about how their wives' are loving and understanding,or how they couldn't wait to go home and eat their wives' food. All he knows is that saying his wife was terrible at cooking would be an understatement,all she knows how to cook is Indomie and probably rice with sauce and then maybe all those sort of food you fry but apart from that,she knows nothing. And that was the number reason why they ventured to getting a maid.
At a point in time,he thinks his wife was taking him for granted because of his patience,he thought to himself,some men would have divorced the wife in most cases,but he knows what to do.

There is a storm coming.