Part 5

It was the first night of the freshman orientation camp. On your way back from brushing your teeth, you passed by the room where all the senior girls were gathered when you heard a symphony of loud shrieks.

"I knew it! I knew you have set your eyes on Kim Taehyung!!", one senior screams as another lets out a long squeal.

"You pick the cutest freshman every year! Hyesoo sunbaenim~ do you think you can let the cute freshman go this year? Give us a chance woman~~", the same girl whined.

"What makes you think he'll just accept Hyesoo? He looks like he would be picky-", someone pointed out logically.

"Ya, I'm Park Hyesoo, if I set my eyes on someone, I'm getting him, whether he likes it or not", she said threateningly, "Hey Jinju, tomorrow is the treasure hunt right?", she turns to ask another camp organiser who nods in response. "Perfect... none of you make any moves, you hear me?"

"Ugh, Hyesoo, don't forget what happened with the freshman you tried to get it with last year", one of the other senior girls visibly rolled her eyes while grousing.

"Why are you bringing that up again?", Hyesoo sounded annoyed.

One of their friends must have wanted to break up the tension as she pounced between them, "Hyesoo probably stands the best chance anyway. Good thing I spotted another pretty cute guy in the other team..."

You now sat in your dorm room remembering the scene you witnessed, feeling utterly unsurprised that as senior who objectifies her juniors would have used her position to torment you like that. She probably heard the news about your break up with Taehyung and thought that putting you in the same group with him and Jihyun would entertain her malevolent wants.

To not let her feel overly-victorious, you had chosen to accept the arrangement, and your first group meeting was scheduled for tomorrow.

You tried to focus on the reading that you had to do for class, but the disgust your body generated from recalling the seniors' conversation and the dread of having to meet the two people you wanted to avoid the most tomorrow constantly disrupted your focus. Just then, your phone lying at the corner of the table buzzes.

"Y/N, do you have some time now? Can we talk? I'm downstairs."

You look upwards to identify the sender. "Kim Taehyung". You had only changed the contact name back to his real name after you witnessed him walk into class with Jihyun. Even changing it to "Taehyung" wouldn't have sufficed then, that's what his friends would call him, you were probably lesser than that.

"Alright that's all the instructions I have. Now please find someone, preferably of the opposite gender, to partner up with before we start the treasure hunt!", a male senior yelled lazily towards a room full of freshmen. He had a slur to his words and introduced himself as Yoongi.

"Since our group has an odd number of freshmen, one of you have to pair up with one of us. How about Taehyung, would you like to go with me?", Hyesoo flashes her signature catty eye smile.

She was incredibly direct in her approach. Taehyung felt incredibly uncomfortable. And everyone else remained incredibly silent.

"Hyesoo-ah, let the freshmen pick first, why are you calling dibs on a junior?", Yoongi refreshingly disses her as he saunters by. Yoongi was one year senior to Hyesoo. She couldn't wear it on her sleeve but she was probably cursing him in her head.

"What are you guys waiting for? I'm not asking you to get married, hurry choose a partner...", Yoongi continues to rush everyone in an irritable but mildly comic tone, obviously not very fond of this job he was assigned to do.