Part 12

Film cameras are better than digital ones. Why? Because in that moment the light flashes, the truth is etched into the film forever. Because truth is perceived as valuable.

"I just hated Jihyun for making this whole mess so I just did it, alright?! Happy now?!", Taehyung's voice sustained despite the recording having ended.

"Thank you for giving me the idea of using a recorded confession", Haejoong smiled at you with that same expression that used to make you feel comforted but now all you wanted was to punch his face in.

It wasn't only you, Taehyung also had his fist clenched tight to the extent his knuckles were turning white.

"The moment either of you try to report any of this, just know that I wouldn't go down alone...", the sly being tucked his phone back into his pocket, hardly moves a facial muscle before giving you one last nod and eventually sauntering off the hospital porch.

"Don't you want to know what happened?", Taehyung asked you apprehensively as both of you sat in a corner of a sparsely patronised café near the hospital.

Your expression looked angry but your eyes told him that it was more complex than that.

"Why didn't you tell me? Can't believe he thought of threatening you to say those things... and all because of me... I'm such a burden...", you ranted and Taehyung was astonished, that you never momentarily doubted that him and was even able to figure that much by yourself.

"Don't say that! You are not... Nobody would have known that he would go to such lengths. He's crazy, we have to report this to the police", Taehyung felt indignant that Haejoong made you feel this way about yourself.

"We will have to report it to the police but he has that damn recording...", you were biting your fingernails, deep in thought.

"Should we tell Ms. Helen about this and let her report it?", Taehyung suggested.

"That's equivalent to reporting it, Haejoong will just use that recording...", you answered with a deepening frown.

"Let's face it, Y/N. There's nothing that can stop him from releasing it...", Taehyung was getting impatient. He knows he had everything to lose, but he hated this hostage-like situation.

"No, I won't let him do that you!", you raised your voice, annoyed that there seems to be no option.

Both Taehyung and you could see it. Haejoong will keep gaining the upper hand if you continue to hold each other down like this. It was so unfair, you thought. The ones that have nothing to lose, can always afford to play the dirty game. They only stand to gain.

That was when your mind suddenly clicked. No, Haejoong has something he can't lose too... someone.

Taehyung and you sat next to each other nervously gazing at the café door. Finally it rattles and flies open, the person you were keenly waiting for walked warily towards the both of you.

Taehyung stood up from his seat, "Jihyun...", he calls her name gently as she approached the table. "Have a seat, do you want a drink?"

"It's ok... what do you want?", Jihyun's attitude was uncertain as she rejected the drink but still took a seat opposite you.

You carefully broached the subject, starting from the point when you found out that Haejoong liked her.

"So, now he has a recording of Taehyung 'confessing'. Jihyun, he is not what he seems, you have to believe us", it took a good eight minutes before you managed to finish the recap. You were kind of surprised that Jihyun stayed quiet throughout although she did look apprehensive.