Part 11

Haejoong sits in the empty stairwell, contemplating his next step. Hardly anyone ever takes these stairs, he is well aware. Like he said, he never truly intended you any harm but why did you have to dig your own grave?

He doesn't understand why you wouldn't support him like he had unconditionally supported you, wasn't he your only friend at one time? All he wants is Jihyun's happiness, and that happiness lies with him.

The pertinent question now is 'how much does Kim Taehyung know?' He shook his head as he reprimanded himself for being too rash with you. All he needed to do was continue to put up an act even if you were suspicious of him but he let his feelings get the better of him. He needs to come up with a way to keep you quiet. No, he needs to keep both you and Taehyung quiet.

At least he had the foresight to keep the screen of your phone unlocked ever since he stopped the voice recording. He taps the corner of the phone a few times on his palm before deciding to make his next move.

"Hey, I know this is sudden, but do you still have feelings for Jihyun?", he sent a message using your phone to Taehyung.

It didn't take more than two minutes for Taehyung to respond.

"Did something happen? This isn't like you to suddenly ask this kind of thing out of nowhere..."

"I really need to know now...", Haejoong continued talking to Taehyung, posing as you.

"Where are you? I'll go find you", Taehyung replies.

Haejoong was growing impatient, "If you avoid my question again then I'll take it that you still have feelings for her... life is all about decisions, Taehyung, you can't keep running away like this."

And this time, Taehyung finally answered his question:

"I'm not running away! Why are you acting so weird?

I thought I made it clear that I broke up with her because I realised that I have always just treated her as a friend. And you were the one who broke up with me thinking I had feelings for her! I was just really confused at that time... and maybe a little angry too... when she asked me to think about dating her I just thought it might be better that way...

I made a mistake back then and I've already lost my best friend

You know that.

Where are you now? Let's meet and talk instead."

Haejoong watched the messages trickle in one by one and his annoyance ballooned. Why is it always that the people who don't deserve it are the ones who have it? After a few minutes of leaving Taehyung on 'read', a call eventually comes in from him.

Haejoong ignored the call at first, but Taehyung calls again. This time Haejoong decided to pick it up.

"Where are you? Why are you not replying me suddenly?", Taehyung's voice was full of anxiety.

"So, you never actually had any feelings for her?", Haejoong proclaims into the phone immediately upon answering.

"Who the hel- wait... Im Haejoong? Is that you? Where is Y/N? Why are you picking up her phone?", Taehyung fired his questions rapidly at Haejoong.

"I will tell you where she is. I don't want to hurt her either-", Haejoong's voice was still mild and calm.

"What do you mean hurt her?! WHERE IS SHE?!", Taehyung yells into the device on his end.

"She thinks that I was the one who uploaded those photos and videos of Jihyun, do you share the sentiment?", Haejoong questions.

"You must be out of your mind, right? You know what... with what you are doing right now, I have no problem sharing that sentiment! Just freaking tell me where she is, you crazy bastard!!!", Taehyung was no longer holding back his anger.