12.

I feel so uncomfortable right now. I'm walking to my first period class with my arms wrapped tightly around my belongings as if they're the only thing shielding me from the world.

  It's not acting as a good shield, I'll tell you that.

  Anna was so hellbent on not letting me wear any sort of jacket this morning. No matter how hard I begged and protested, she just kept taking the jacket out of my hands and throwing it on the floor.

  That argument lasted for about ten minutes...yeah, I wasted ten minutes of my life arguing about wearing my jacket.

  I glance around the cluttered hallway as my stomach fills with nerves. I'm scared shitless; my mind is going a hundred miles a minute, telling me to "turn around and get your jacket", "people are staring at you", "they hate you."

  I just want it to shut up, but it won't. It never does.

  My eyes keep glancing around the hallway, looking at people's faces as they watch me and stare at me, even though they're probably not even looking at me.

  I cast my eyes down to the floor as I continue my journey to first period. I don't stop walking until I'm standing outside the door to Critical Thinking.

  I naw on my lip as I peak inside to find everyone sitting with their friends, chatting as they wait for the bell to ring and class to start.

  My eyes zero in on Madeline sitting at her desk, laughing to something someone said whilst leaning into Colin who is sitting beside her.

  I take a step back, taking a deep breath. I'm not one for confrontation unless I have to confront someone. I'm kind of starting to freak out.

  I know it's probably in my head and she probably won't even notice the outfit, but I can't help but overthink this whole situation.

  I should've just let it go; I should just go home and change.

  My thoughts are interrupted when I hear a wolf whistle from behind me. I turn around to find Zach strutting over to me with a smug look.

  "Damn, Charlie, you're looking hot today," Zach marveled, letting out a low whistle as he slowly rakes his eyes down my body.

  I tighten my hold on my things as I glower at him. "Stop that!" I reach my hand out and slap his arm causing him to yelp and hold his injured arm.

  "Ow, that hurt." He whines causing me to roll my eyes. "So, where's the sweatpants? I thought that was like your 'signature look' or something." Zach quotes with his fingers.

  "Well, maybe I just wanted to try something new." I lie, shrugging my shoulders. I can't tell him the truth or else he'll try and black mail Madeline. Yeah, she may be acting like a bitch right now, but that doesn't mean she deserves to get blackmailed.

  Zach eyes me skeptically before shrugging his shoulders and leaning against the lockers next to me. "You should wear stuff like this more often; shows off your figure."

  He's just being nice. He's saying you looked ugly before.

  I clear my throat, starting to get uncomfortable. "I think I'll just stick with the sweat pants."

  "Why? Sweatpants don't show off your curves, they hide them. And damn! You're tiny!"

  You looked big before. You're big.

  In hopes of changing the subject, my eyes zero in on the pinkish bruises that are scattered around Zach's neck. "Really, Zach? Another conquest?" I deadpan whilst raising my eyebrow and pointing to one of the hickeys on his neck.