UPDATE!

Hey! Just a few updates for those who have entered!

1) ACCEPTANCE
As of right now, everyone has been accepted! If you have not had a reply to your comment, don't worry. As long as you have followed the rules by the time we judge your work, then you have been accepted.

So I literally put my phone down for around 25 minutes earlier and came back to 47 notifications split between this comp, my own work and updates on stories in my personal library.
So you can imagine what I wake up to in the morning 😂 But rest assured, we will judge everyone's work that has been entered on or before the deadline.

2) Closing Date
We have had a MUCH higher intake than what we actually anticipated, and we absolutely LOVE the fact that so many have entered!

We have decided that we are bringing the closing date to SEPTEMBER 10th 2019!
This still gives you plenty of time to spread the word and add more entries if you wish.

3) FAQ's
If you have anymore questions, please ask. Also, if you have a question then have a quick scroll of the comments as well, it's always worth a quick look to see what others are asking in case you have similar questions that you haven't thought of. Any others, then ask away by all means or even if you want clarification then just PM me (quickest response) or comment and I'll be happy to help.

4) JUDGING UPDATE!!!
We have already started judging and we have judged a LOT of work. I am going through, writing up feedback on a word document and of course double checking the marking to make sure I think it's fair.
I don't re-judge the works after marking, I judge the marking of the judges and make sure they are abiding by the criteria and marking in the correct places. I use their feedback and scoresheets sent over in the group chat to double check their marking and make sure every piece of work has been marked fairly. I am pleased to say, this system has been successful so far and the judges are agreeing on the scorings being given out.

5) Thank you for being understanding!
I write my own works on here as well, as well as have a 40 hour a week job and I'm studying for a level 3 diploma in my spare time. This is obviously a LOT of work.
So I just wanted to thank all of you for being understanding if I don't reply immediately. I try my best to get back to you ASAP and many of you are patient and understanding so I just want to say thank you.

6) Thank you to those who stuck up for me!
Thank you to the people who stuck up for me when accused of 'hiding things'. I literally don't have many friends on Wattpad - the judges are literally my only friends on here so far and are NOT allowed to compete in this competition. None of my friends are allowed to compete.

The criteria is set so that we are judging on the WORK. We don't want to judge on if it's our favourite genre or if that fan fiction is based off our favourite movie etc. We base the marking on the WORK.

Much like in an exam, the exam boards don't release the mark scheme before the exam is sat so why would we? We don't want people editing their work to score points, we want to give you feedback on your HONEST work. And most of you understand that, so thank you for understanding and sticking up for me.

7) TIME ZONE
Someone asked what time zone I am in so they know the appropriate times to send me a message and when I'll most likely see them.

I live near LONDON, UK. I hope that helps anyone who needs to know but just PM at any time and I'll get back ASAP, I turn my phone on silent overnight anyway so it won't disturb me if you do message early.