Let the games begin

[ Veronica's pov]

Last night we were all assigned our rooms which we had time to unpack our items and settle into our rooms.

Since all the other packs would be coming through the rest of the night and early morning I went to get some sleep not feel that hungry for dinner anyway.

Back to now, it was early morning and I was woken by 3 maids rushing into my room

"Good morning Miss Veronica" on of the maid said to me as she tugged the blanket off me

Last night I surprisingly had a very good sleep in the soft silk covers and fluffy pillows. It definitely was 10x better than my bed at home

"We have been given orders to wake everyone up for the breakfast downstairs. No need to dress too formal but try to look you best" one of the other maids said to me

Still feeling tired I just nodded my head and watched them scurry out of my room to wake the next person up

If this is what life in the castle is like then I don't think I can stand being here for even a day.
I thought to my self.

Looking at the time I see I only had 20 minutes to get ready. Whilst other girls would be worried, I, on the other hand, took this time to have a shower and chill out

I put on an oversized jumper paired with black leggings to match.

I made my way down the long corridors of the castle and into the main dining area.

For breakfast today was a buffet that had so much food it could feed all the homeless

I still irritate me that the royal family flash around their money like it's no big deal when there are people out there struggling

Trying my best to put that aside, I went and sat at an empty table with my food.

Not long after my friends came and sat down with me. We were having a normal conversation about how amazing the new rooms are until we are interrupted by the sound of a microphone

This instantly drew all our attention to the woman at the front. The same one who guided us into the castle yesterday. She gazed at the crowd and glanced over at me having eye contact.

After that she turned her attention back to the rest of the crowd.

"Good morning ladies and gentleman, my name is Mrs white and I will be your supervisor through the games.
As you know the mating games are a time to participate in different challenges in hoping to find your mate. Don't worry if you can't sense them at first, it will take some time" she said.

The rest of her speech was going on about the rules and some of the events which I couldn't be bothered to listen to.

As she was coming to the end of the speech she said a few last words.

"Before I go There will be a card and outfit in your rooms when you return. These are for the dinner tonight with the royal family. It will be your first chance to meet everyone at the games"

And with that she bid her goodbye and walked off into a different room.

It was almost our packs time to leave the breakfast room to allow another pack to come in so I quickly finished my food and made my way back to my room.

We had a while till dinner so I thought I could chill out for a bit when I returned to my room. 

As I open my room I see a stunning dress laid out on my bed. It deep red and had gems on the front of it which looked beautiful.